Im looking for some songs that use ONLY chords... Im trying to work on my rhythm. Any suggestions?

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
Why worry if the original used only chords? I mean you could take anything and do a reasonable aproximation through chords alone. Regardless, try some Bob Dylan.
Last edited by anotherbluesguy at Jan 31, 2009,
Make up your own progressions. It's not hard to do and it doesn't force you to figure out the chords to a song. How about:

Verse
G D C G D C

Chorus
Am C G D (repeat 1x)
Radiohead has plenty of chordy songs. Try Karma Police or Fake Plastic Trees. Pearl Jam's Elderly Woman Behind A Counter-top In A Small Town is a good one too. Neutral Milk Hotel's songs consist virtually only of open chords. If you're working on your rhythm then be sure to practice with a metronome!
Quote by forty6and2
Im looking for some songs that use ONLY chords... Im trying to work on my rhythm. Any suggestions?
I'd suggest you find a jazz etude, they're a plenty in jazz guitar books. My favourite is Jody Fishers book. They don't sound real interesting (how could they, they're just chords), but they'll help your technique.

Real songs that are just chord are sort of hard to come by because most composers know that the song lies in the melody, not in the chord progression. You might find some classical choral (talking about all eras here) songs that seem to be just chords, but they're more like 3 or 4 melodies playing at once with a very similar rhthym.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.