Its kind of a weird question here. I started sweeping not too long ago and I'm trying the regular Minor Arpeggio sweep but I'm noticing that when i reach the high E string and go for the Second note on that string ( the one you'd reach with your pinky)
I hammer it, forcing my pick to jump to the B string to keep the sweep going. I was wondering if anyone picks the second note ( with an upwards picking motion ) so the pick sweeps A string, D, G, B, E, E, B, G, D, A instead of hammering the second E string note. I just don't want to keep doing this with a flawed technique.
usually in tabs u'll find that in this situation there will be a hammer on, i personally, always hammer on in this situation, it sounds just as good, and gives u a split second extra to prepare for the upstroke sweep
This is how I approach it:

Though, sometimes I pick all the notes if I want a very defined sound, like so:

Last edited by Nolly at Jan 31, 2009,
I do the same thing as nolly, I just feel more comfortable that way.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Some people pick it, some don't. Personally I find it's a more fluid motion if you pick it, keeps your hand moving, it's all preference though I suppose.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Nolly

This.

theres usually three notes on the e string, not two, so you can pick two of them and pull off the third.

really, you can do whatever is comfortable to you, but for me, why would i wanna skip the e string on the way back up when i could just pick it. I mean, im there anyway, no point going over it.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by Nolly

Though, sometimes I pick all the notes if I want a very defined sound, like so:

Exactly. It's much easier to hammer on in most cases, but sometimes it sounds better and comes out cleaner if you pick the note.

Also, you should use "^" for up, instead of whatever that other thing is.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
This is how I usually approach it. It's the most fluid way I've found. It takes some practice but it works. Also make sure there's as little hand movement as possible and you've got the finger roll down.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you stay with the hammer on it is going to sound more fluent, but make sure you play every note equally. A metronome can be your best friend. Despite how boring they can be, in the long run, they reall help.
Quote by Fryer Mike
Exactly. It's much easier to hammer on in most cases, but sometimes it sounds better and comes out cleaner if you pick the note.

He used actual notation, not this bastardized Internet crap.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by huevos
By any chance are you the same guy as "Nollythegreat" on youtube?

Yup, I sure am.

Quote by Fryer Mike

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
He used actual notation, not this bastardized Internet crap.

well put.
Quote by mmolteratx
This is how I usually approach it. It's the most fluid way I've found. It takes some practice but it works. Also make sure there's as little hand movement as possible and you've got the finger roll down.

Hey thanks to all for the responses , i tried all 3 ways and this way is actually the most fluid for some reason. It works great for me at least. Fast and clean. Fantastic