I can find plenty of guides on how to make one with an LED, but I can't be bothered with having any batteries at all! There are parts of this which I can clearly see relate to the LEDs such as the battery, resistor and a few of the connections, but just to make sure, can anyone show me a diagram of an A/B box which completely omits all this?

Hehe, me asking this probably seems a little stupid to most pedal buiders.

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=107
Simply omit the LED circuit. I don't have any guides in front of me, but being an electronics technician, I'd have to assume that it is probably switched in with the foot pedal. It most likely has a bias resistor, which sets the correct voltage for the LED. Just leave out the LED and the bias resistor and you're good to go.
In fact, they even tell you how to do it. Instead of ordering a 3PDT switch, just order a DPDT. Omit the battery connector, DC jack, the LEDs and the resistor.
Quote by KG6_Steven
In fact, they even tell you how to do it. Instead of ordering a 3PDT switch, just order a DPDT. Omit the battery connector, DC jack, the LEDs and the resistor.

Okay, thanks for the responses. I still need to shield everything right?
Last edited by Les Paul Ell at Jan 31, 2009,
By the way, what is that thing at the top of the diagram which the LEDs are connected to?
Yes, the shield is still needed. It will prevent hum from getting into your signal.

The thing the LEDs are connected to at the top... From the drawing, it was hard to tell what the heck it is. I had a look at the schematic, which is below the drawing to figure it out. It's actually the AC Adaptor, which could've been used instead of the battery. Essentially, if you look at the schematic (it doesn't matter which one), you're going to end up with the Input, Output A and Output B circuits. The top portion, with the AC Adaptor, battery, LED B and LED A will all be missing.

Sorry for the delayed response on this one. Had to go ice skating and just got back.
Okay, thanks KG6_Steven, and noisefarmer, that website looks excellent, i'm checking it out now.

Cheers!
look into how the DPDT switch actually works; it's just a matter of common sense to a great degree i think.