Alright, so i need a new guitar, i have a Fender Squire, so this will be quite an upgrade. I only have a Squire because i wanted to make sure id stick to playing and not give up, and well, i know ill stick with it now so its time to upgrade!

Im looking for i guess a mid ranged guitar, not too expensive but i want it to sound good.

I play a variety of music from Iron Maiden, Children of bodom, A7X, Some classic rock, Ozzy Stuff.. so i want something that can play a wide range of styles..

So far I've tryed out an epiphone sg and loved it.

So, any suggestions fellas?

Going down to GC again soon to try some stuff out.
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
What amp do you have?

Frontman 15G and/or Spider III depending on the day
but im getting a new amp shortly after the guitar purchase.
Hagstom. Specifically, the Ultra-Lux XL-2 or XL-5.
When life gives you lemons, squirt juice in your enemies' eyes.
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
So far I've tried out an Epiphone SG and loved it.

Going down to GC again soon to try some stuff out.

Well, I'd say keep the SG in mind, but try a variety of guitars.

If you find something you like better, get it. You're the best judge of what you want.

Also, if you liked your Strat, maybe a MIM/MIA Strat? You should be able to find an American Standard in that price range; definitely a MIM.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985

It's a better idea, especially as you have 2 bad amps and one somewhat bad guitar. You will sound better for the short time you have a good amp and a somewhat bad guitar than if you have a good guitar and 2 bad amps.
epi SG
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
epi SG

I've played the G-400.. but i like the SG Prophecy.. i was guna try that out.
I think the middle range LTD's would be a good choice. Although it is more for metal. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC500-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512885
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH250NT-Electric-Guitar?sku=516687

Although the best thing would be to go a guitar store and just try out all the guitars in your price range and pick the one you like most.
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt