I was thinking either a Martin or Taylor cutaway. Preferably acoustic/electric with great tone and not too twangy. Any suggestions?
i was just recently playing a parkwood.
honestly it was one of the prettiest sounding/looking guitars i have ever played AND it has a built in tuner. cant go wrong :P

i believe it was this model
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parkwood-PW370M-GC-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512554
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
i'd take look at the Seagulls. i have one, i thought it was good quality for the price, think it was around $700. http://www.seagullguitars.com/intro.htm i've got the preformer cut-away. i think they're at least worth looking at.
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote by andOverTheHills
i'd take look at the Seagulls. i have one, i thought it was good quality for the price, think it was around $700. http://www.seagullguitars.com/intro.htm i've got the preformer cut-away. i think they're at least worth looking at.

Kinda weird, I was looking at Seagulls when I saw your response. Ive heard they are good ones too. I would consider them as a possibility too
Quote by Tatersalad1080
i was just recently playing a parkwood.
honestly it was one of the prettiest sounding/looking guitars i have ever played AND it has a built in tuner. cant go wrong :P

i believe it was this model
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parkwood-PW370M-GC-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512554

Thats a nice guitar. A lot of electronic tone options too, which is cool
Seagulls are great.

I'd also check out Alvarez. Usually I would suggest Takamine, but they're pretty twangy.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'd check out 2 lines of guitars and avoid Martins and Taylors in this price range.

Check out Seagull's maritime series(My fav is the spruce mini jumbo) and the Epiphone Masterbilt series guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Personally, for this price I'd probably buy an Epi Masterbuilt and not look back. But all the other suggestions are good also.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by captivate
I'd check out 2 lines of guitars and avoid Martins and Taylors in this price range.

Check out Seagull's maritime series(My fav is the spruce mini jumbo) and the Epiphone Masterbilt series guitars.

Do Taylors and Martins suck in this price range, until you hit the $1000+ mark?
I think Martins are only worth buying at the 15 series range, which is about $900?

Taylors are a bit overpriced until the 300 series, which is roughly $1500+.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by bigfoamfinger
I was thinking either a Martin or Taylor cutaway. Preferably acoustic/electric with great tone and not too twangy. Any suggestions?

go to gutar center they have the sickest guitars and they have nice acoustics/eletrics i perfer the taylor and its more lighter (depends) you check out ur options first k
^Meh. I don't like GC. They don't have a very good selection at mine and no one knows what they're talking about.

Check THIS out. Sounds great, and looks amazing.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I would look at some Breedloves in that price range. I got one several months ago and it is an absolutely amazing guitar!
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM