This little guy has a lot of what I want in a guitar.

Only, I hear that the standard pots on these guys aren't stellar with the setup.

Also, I hear the Wide-Range pickups themseves aren't good to begin with.

As I see changing out the pickups/pots might be a real hassle, are there any guitars like this out there that I don't know about?
They really aren't that bad. If you want to check out how it sounds listen to some Paramore, Academy Is..., etc. Most of those guys just use the standard pickups.
Quote by cmalmo4
They really aren't that bad. If you want to check out how it sounds listen to some Paramore, Academy Is..., etc. Most of those guys just use the standard pickups.

Yeah, but we're talking about the reissues. All the guys you mentioned above use vintage 72's, whose electronics/pups are way different/superior.
Quote by Always-Ben
Yeah, but we're talking about the reissues. All the guys you mentioned above use vintage 72's, whose electronics/pups are way different/superior.

paramore uses reissues. but recently they got their own custom Telecaster Deluxe made. i like the pick ups in the guitar, but you will need new pots.
Quote by Always-Ben
Paramore using actual '72 Tele Deluxes? Hardly. Their sound is completely different.

Anyway, as far as a more accurate copy of the original 1972 Deluxe and Thinline guitars go, nope, you're stuffed. Mostly because nobody - and I do mean nobody - makes CuNiFe-based pickups anymore. You can get everything else exactly to the original spec, but the pickups you can't even hope to copy. Save up about £800/$1200 and you might be able to buy a pair of old original Wide Range pickups, though don't be surpised if it ends up more in the £1000/$1500 range for a matching pair of them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.