Ok, so before I begin, DONT say "Not a health forum, go somewhere else" because I want to know if anyone's had it done before, without starting a new account on some random forum. Kthx.

Ok, so, I have a lump between my eyes it's right about...
btw. not me, obviously. Thank god I have glasses to cover it up, right?

So I went to the doctor, and he told me it's a cyst, not a big deal, we'd just get some surgery for it. But as the day draws closer, my dad's telling me they probably wont put me to sleep for it, just numb the area, which kind of freaks me out. I'm going to see them put a knife in my nose. It wouldnt be that bad if it was my shoulder or something, but what If I twitch and it (the scalpel) goes in my eye or something?

I looked it up on google and youtube, and that just made it worse, I found pictures like This, (not too bad, but if you're REALLY squeemish, dont click), but that made it worse, I dont want them doing that to my face.

so, for anyone that has had this done before, do they put you to sleep, and do you get drugs for it when its over?

And yes, I know it's very unlikely that anyone would have an operation this similar, but hey, worth a try.

TL;DR Cyst on my forehead (see picture), freaking out (See link) do they put me to sleep, what type of drugs will I get?
You're a mutant, stay away from my children.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
So I have to watch them do it? Ahh!

I'm a little scared, and I never get scared.
EDIT:
Quote by Supertait
You're a mutant, stay away from my children.

I'm sigging this.
Last edited by 20cdndollars at Jan 31, 2009,
Didn't put me to sleep when I had the snip, just a local in my ball sac....so really can't see them knocking you out for that m8....sorry
[
Ok, well, thanks for the replies... I'm liking the sound of those painkillers, so I guess I'll have to suffer through the operation.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im sceeeeeared
you'll be fine, just close ur eyes and imagine ur somewhere else
theyre all professionals
Lol, when i read the thread title I thought this was a mirroir thread to that one about the cheating EX getting her foot removed.

But, on topic, surgery is, MOST of the time, very safe.
One of my teachers just got an operation a lot like that, same spot and everything. They just numbed the area.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
They'll probably give you a sedative as well as a local anaesthetic - it doesn't make you actually sleep, but you'll be in a sleep like state and won't have any memory of the process.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I had one on my jaw. gone in 15 mins, no pain, hardly a scar. Don't worry about it.
Quote by esther_mouse
They'll probably give you a sedative as well as a local anaesthetic - it doesn't make you actually sleep, but you'll be in a sleep like state and won't have any memory of the process.

Well that doesnt sound too bad, not a big fan of needles. but I'll live.

ANother question, though.... wont it numb my eyes closed?

EDIT:

I'm also having my foot surgically removed that day, got blisters that got infected, that's a litle more self-explanitory than the cyst, so I wont go into as much detail, will they put me to sleep for that? Oh, I think my Ex posts on this site, anyone know his username?

^ Just to make that one guy happy. ^
TS, it's normal to feel nervous about an upcoming procedure, and like the others have said you'll most likely be put to ease with drugs. If you're still uncomfortable, tell the doctor and they'll no doubt be reassuring. Just think, is it better to get this over with or to live with the cyst and possible consequences? After it's done you won't need to worry, so hang in there.

Also, don't think of what they're doing to you. That's for them to think about, not you.
Thanks everyone, you've acctually helped to comfort me a lot, I was expecting more "GTFO MAH PIT, WE TALK ABOOT POKEMANZ HERE"

Disclaimer: I like Pokemon as much as the next guy, but COME ON, every second thread is about them.

EDIT: I'll tell you how it went on Tuesday, even though I know you dont really care.
They will probably cut the skin under your eyebrow and remove it from there, that sounds a lot easier than going up your nose!
Quote by 20cdndollars
Well that doesnt sound too bad, not a big fan of needles. but I'll live.

ANother question, though.... wont it numb my eyes closed?

EDIT:

I'm also having my foot surgically removed that day, got blisters that got infected, that's a litle more self-explanitory than the cyst, so I wont go into as much detail, will they put me to sleep for that? Oh, I think my Ex posts on this site, anyone know his username?

^ Just to make that one guy happy. ^

I don't know about your eyes being closed, they'll probably remain open but you'll be so stoned on the drugs they give you you won't be able to see straight, I'd have thought
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
I don't know about your eyes being closed, they'll probably remain open but you'll be so stoned on the drugs they give you you won't be able to see straight, I'd have thought

Wow, Esther, you're making me acctually a little bit excited about surgery, I like drugs
YO I'M HERE!!!

what seems to be the problem?

edit: ok, now that i've read your problem, what did the surgeon tell you? I would imagine you have had a consult. The Dr. should have (if he's a thorough Dr.) mentioned to you how the procedure will go. I had 4 wisdom teeth cut out all at the same time, only i specified ahead of time to be put out. Unfortunately, my surgeon didn't do all that he could to make it best for me, the patient. Actually, he left a lot of parts out when talking with me pre-op.

Anyway, not all doctors are like that

Either way, they will use pure Lidocane which is the local anesthetic, (numbing) and trust me bro, your whole upper part of your face will be numb for upwards of 7 hours after op.

They probably will prescribe you pain killers such as 5mg Oxycodone, or 5, 7.5mg Hydrocodone for pain afterward. USE THEM. Trust me. They kill pain.

Also, if you are really worried about during the procedure if your still going to be awake, have someone call the Dr. and ask him about prescribing you .5 mg Xanax to take a few hours before. That, also, really helps
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by 20cdndollars
Wow, Esther, you're making me acctually a little bit excited about surgery, I like drugs

Haha I've had lots of bystander experience with painkillers, sedatives and anaesthetics this last year, lol. My gran's been in hospital for an op, and my mum broke and dislocated her elbow then developed heterotopic ossification in it, requiring surgery to cut extra bone out and replace one bit with metal, so I've been around while they've had all the different types of drug given to them, lol.
<//////>~ dA
They will just give you a local, you won't get high...like the dentist. Sorry.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 31, 2009,
+1.

whoever said you'll be given painkillers during the procedure is dead wrong. They only numb it with Lidocane, or they'll put you out, then numb.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by bjovi400
+1.

whoever said you'll be given painkillers during the procedure is dead wrong. They only numb it with Lidocane, or they'll put you out, then numb.

Will I get anything after the operation, to take home?
read post #22
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by bjovi400
read post #22

Thanks man! I havent had a consultation yet... unless that's what my doctors appointment was, anyway, thanks for the info, are you seriously a doctor?
sadly no. But for the most part, i do know a lot about this stuff
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Alright, even though I know you dont care, I'll give you guys an update.

I didnt have my surgery today, I went and he looked at it and basically said "Yup, that's a cyst" and told me I have to schedule a time to do the surgery. Thanks for the help though, guys.
hey Ive had this done before, a cyst on my eyelid. I had it done it was on my right eyelid the only thing that hurts man is when they inject the lidocaine then it goes numb and they make the cut. After that it was not even 2 minutes after it was all done. Try to say as calm as you can, hope this helps man! Don't worry its honestly not a big deal bro.
Last edited by Staind4201 at Feb 3, 2009,