I Have A Crate Vfx5212. Its Has Stock Crate Speakers. I Know Some Come W/ Celestions Or Tonetubbys. Would I Get A Better Tone By Upgrading? Would It Make A Big Difference?
Yes it makes a difference, but capitalizing every first letter in a word doesn't.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Well it depends on the speaker you buy, but I wouldn't know, I haven't replaced a speaker before.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I was going to ask the same thing about a different amp. I love my Vypyr 75, but I don't get enough bass response out of it... would it make a significant difference if I replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I was going to ask the same thing about a different amp. I love my Vypyr 75, but I don't get enough bass response out of it... would it make a significant difference if I replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion?

Replacing a speaker in a modeling amp (which is specifically voiced to match well with the amp) is like replacing a car tire with a square. Sure it'll work, but it won't work as well.
the new VFX5212's have tone tubbys (quality speaker), and are more costly. what kind tone difference would that make?
If yours has the celestion tone tubby alnico speakers you may not notice any difference replacing the speakers.