dont get too excited. my local best buy has this so called musical instruments section, but the most "high end" of these was a Fender Starcaster, or w/e its called
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
dont get too excited. my local best buy has this so called musical instruments section, but the most "high end" of these was a Fender Starcaster, or w/e its called

That's the average best buy section. Only select stores have the better instrument section.

By the way, TS, this is pretty old news.
i would never buy anything from there. first of all, it makes business harder for smaller music stores that might be in the area. also if you were to buy something from there and something went wrong with it, they wouldnt know sh!t about what to do to fix it.
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by Pac_man0123
That's the average best buy section. Only select stores have the better instrument section.

Ya if you check some pics of the stores that have the nice section, the sections are HUGE. Mine here have crappy Starcasters too. Online they have some nice guitars, a sweet Marshall head, nice Fender stuff, and a lot of pedals and other accessories
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by jakewynnrocks
i would never buy anything from there. first of all, it makes business harder for smaller music stores that might be in the area. also if you were to buy something from there and something went wrong with it, they wouldnt know sh!t about what to do to fix it.

I know what you're saying. You never know though, they might hire in people who know their stuff for this. Im not posting this as the new place to go for gear. Just in situations like mine where you may know someone who works there and can get you a great deal on something.
Quote by Pac_man0123

i guess thats just what i get for living in south carolina then. lol
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
i saw 1 for da first time n my jaw dropped. they sell ****in gibsons!!! holy ****!! they had the robot guitar, sg, the 50th comemertive v, explorers n all kinds of ****. they even had a demo room were u can play any guita u want through ****in jvm marshall stacks!!!!
Quote by Mad Mike 829
i saw 1 for da first time n my jaw dropped. they sell ****in gibsons!!! holy ****!! they had the robot guitar, sg, the 50th comemertive v, explorers n all kinds of ****. they even had a demo room were u can play any guita u want through ****in jvm marshall stacks!!!!

Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by jakewynnrocks

Well small music stores are aimed more for people with a lot of cash to burn and i doubt those people are gonna be like "Oh! I know! I'll buy my next guitar at BEST BUY!"

Plus, if something went wrong with the guitar, you should take it to a smaller shop that knows their sh*t, no matter what.

Seriously, this is really old news. I was in a best buy music section about 2 months ago. It was ok, nothing special, good place to try out some pedals and stuff like that though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well small music stores are aimed more for people with a lot of cash to burn and i doubt those people are gonna be like "Oh! I know! I'll buy my next guitar at BEST BUY!"

Samicks and Greg Bennetts aren't my definition of "guitars for people with a lot of money to burn."
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well small music stores are aimed more for people with a lot of cash to burn

what?
They suck ****. The one in Austin only has 3 Fender tube amps and a wall of MGs. They do have DW Drums though. They have Best Buy brand guitar cables which suck to the next level. The guys there don't know anymore than the GC guys but they let you play anything. They also have G3 Live in Denver running on a 60" LCD TV running 24/7. The nicest guitars they have are the Gibson guitar of the month Flying V. The only pedals they have are a rack of BOSS ones and an MXR Dyna Comp. They're even more overpriced than GC too. Overall, it's a ****ty place to be.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by aznrockerdude
Samicks and Greg Bennetts aren't my definition of "guitars for people with a lot of money to burn."

I have no idea what the hell that is but any shop around here pretty much stocks really expensive stuff (like 3k ukes)
Quote by mmolteratx
They suck ****. The one in Austin only has 3 Fender tube amps and a wall of MGs. They do have DW Drums though. They have Best Buy brand guitar cables which suck to the next level. The guys there don't know anymore than the GC guys but they let you play anything. They also have G3 Live in Denver running on a 60" LCD TV running 24/7. The nicest guitars they have are the Gibson guitar of the month Flying V. The only pedals they have are a rack of BOSS ones and an MXR Dyna Comp. They're even more overpriced than GC too. Overall, it's a ****ty place to be.

I concur.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
This is the first I've heard of it.

I'm in the D/FW metroplex, and so far, the only instruments I've seen in Best Buy are the equivalent of those you'd see at Sears, Sams, Wal-Mart or Target.

OTOH, online they carry the Gibson - Dark Fire 6-String Full-Size Electric Guitar and several other guitars in the $1K+ range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by mmolteratx

dude i went to the same one. i took me forever to find it. but i thought they had a decent selection ( washburns, schecters, etc) but nothing to special. i ended up going to the guitar center across the street to get what i needed.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
dude i went to the same one. i took me forever to find it. but i thought they had a decent selection ( washburns, schecters, etc) but nothing to special. i ended up going to the guitar center across the street to get what i needed.

I just went to pickup a microwave and wound up being there for a few hours cause customer service there sucks and decided to go check it out. It's even funnier than GC though cause the kids there literally cannot play nor have any idea how to play. I usually go to GC or somewhere close by there but I get tired of it almost every single time and wind up going to Austin Vintage Guitars or Ray Hennings.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Necrophagist777

Seriously, this is really old news. I was in a best buy music section about 2 months ago. It was ok, nothing special, good place to try out some pedals and stuff like that though.

To avoid the usual dude who feels the need to give the "Search Bar" response, I searched it and didn't find anything on this. That, plus the fact that people are responding saying that they had not known about this leads me to believe that it is not in fact "Old News"
Do they have a list somewhere saying what stores have this "special" music section?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
None are near me. I know the in store selections they're talkin about. Two of my local best buys have those starcasters and from what that picture says theres no said music section at those stores.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
This is good news. At least Guitar Center will have some competition in Michigan. Best Buy has great credit plans and zero financing offers. Try finding that a small local music store. Also try finding a small music store owner who sells that kind of brand name high end equipment. Now try to find a small music store owner who isn't a miserable prick.
Quote by bigfoamfinger
To avoid the usual dude who feels the need to give the "Search Bar" response, I searched it and didn't find anything on this. That, plus the fact that people are responding saying that they had not known about this leads me to believe that it is not in fact "Old News"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995009&highlight=best+buy+instruments

This is from November 2008.
Last edited by cranium2001 at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by bigfoamfinger

Actually there was a thread about this over a month ago. Ask 311, he bought a bunch of MXR pedals there a month a go and made a whole thread about it.

EDIT: Post above me proves my point.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
they're charging the same amount for an american standard tele as a guitar stor would charge for an american deluxe tele
UG's Prodigal Son
I wouldnt be able to do it itd be embarassing dude like "Where did you get that sweet guitar?", "Oh I picked it up at BEST BUY!" Id just be way to embarassed to ever have to say that.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Parker's? Just the cheaper ones, but regardless, that's surprising for me to know
Regardless though, probably won't ever buy a guitar from there. Canada's BestBuy's haven't jumped on the bandwagon
Quote by Necrophagist777
Actually there was a thread about this over a month ago. Ask 311, he bought a bunch of MXR pedals there a month a go and made a whole thread about it.

EDIT: Post above me proves my point.

I searched Best Buy in the search bar. the first couple pages show no thread with best buy in it, leading me to believe its not there. If someone did post on it before, oh well.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I wouldnt be able to do it itd be embarassing dude like "Where did you get that sweet guitar?", "Oh I picked it up at BEST BUY!" Id just be way to embarassed to ever have to say that.

You could lie and say you got it at GC since they carry most of the same stuff. Besides, who asks you where you got it? Most people assume Guitar Center, probably.
Quote by bowen
Parker's? Just the cheaper ones, but regardless, that's surprising for me to know
Regardless though, probably won't ever buy a guitar from there. Canada's BestBuy's haven't jumped on the bandwagon

At least they carry parker. I've yet to see one in a Sam Ash or GC. Haven't seen a Parker in any stores around here actually.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by danohat
This is good news. At least Guitar Center will have some competition in Michigan. Best Buy has great credit plans and zero financing offers. Try finding that a small local music store. Also try finding a small music store owner who sells that kind of brand name high end equipment. Now try to find a small music store owner who isn't a miserable prick.

Exactly. There's nothing embarassing about it either. A Fender is a Fender no matter where you get it. It may need a set up, but the ones from GC and other stores do too.
Quote by Pac_man0123
You could lie and say you got it at GC since they carry most of the same stuff. Besides, who asks you where you got it? Most people assume Guitar Center, probably.

Once again pacman you have a great point
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Cool. Looks like they have a good start. Now I won't have to drive an hour to get to GC. I can walk five minutes down to my local BB to get a guitar!
Quote by TatarSalad2
Cool. Looks like they have a good start. Now I won't have to drive an hour to get to GC. I can walk five minutes down to my local BB to get a guitar!

Well you can only do that if they have the better instrument section. There's a list someone posted earlier on this page, check that.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well you can only do that if they have the better instrument section. There's a list someone posted earlier on this page, check that.

****. There's not one in Tucson.