Page 1 of 2
What's the weirdest thing you've seen at a show? What's the worst concert related injury you've gotten?

At the last concert I went to (AILD, Protest the Hero, and The Human Abstract) I got kicked in the face by a crowdsurfer XD. I haven't really had anything happen other than people running into me in the mosh pit, crowd surfers falling on my head etc (Downside to being tall.)

Also at that concert I kept getting the sweaty hair of the headbanger with an afro in front of me in my mouth. Ew.

Also this girl that was in front of me had pretty long hair, and it kept getting caught on my arm, and whenever the crowd would move me I would accidentally pull it. I held my arm up to the light and there were strands hanging off lol. I kept apologizing, and she didn't care at all. "I stopped feeling my hair being pulled in highschool." she said as she pulled her hair hard lol. She also looked pretty drunk.

The guy next to me looked over when I was pulling her hair off my arm and said "lol It's nasty, huh?" Indeed it was.

So Pit, share your concert happenings.
I fell down in a pit once, and some girl was screaming at me to get off her friend, and she punched me in the gut.

Major immasculation.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
From what I can remember, some guy was trying to pull my jeans down and he was like..humping up on me and I could feel..something.

There was one time I couldn't breathe for some reason, I was probably the smallest person there. I tried to make my way out of the crowd, but this huge guy fell on me..and I just remember this guy yelling. I end up lying down in some room...bad day
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
I was watching Senses Fail at Warped one summer.
Just standing there watching, and some huge girl comes up behind me, grabs my hand, and forces me to touch myself inappropriately

*shudder*
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
From what I can remember, some guy was trying to pull my jeans down and he was like..humping up on me and I could feel..something.

What the hell that is so creepy.

My weirdest moment was seeing a crowdsurfer fail and being thrown to the ground. I could hear the snap of a bone over the music.
I was at a music festival so I forget which band was playing, but they had to stop the mosh pit for that concert because someone accidentally got his finger through another guy's earlobe (the guy had big guages) and ripped the lobe in half.
I saw Green Day with Jimmy Eat World opening for them.

When Jimmy was playing they got 30 seconds into their second song before the lead guitarist started headbanging. (Br00tal, I know) His head was flailing around so hard that he misjudged the distance from where he was to the end of the stage and off the end of the stage he went. Head first into a compressed air or gas tank. Cracked his head open, broke his Gibson SG in half, had to be rushed off to the hospital.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Me and my girlfriend went to see GBH. It was her first real show and we had had sex for the first time that day so it was shaping up to be a special day. During the last song of the 2nd opening bands set, I slipped on the beer covered floor in the circle pit. My head bounced off the concrete and blood was everywhere. I remember being helped into the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror. I looked like Carie from that movie. All these street punks were in there to see if I was alright. I couldnt make much sense of anything but for some reason I didnt want to leave and I couldnt walk straight.
So my girlfriend drives me to the ER at 3am. While in the waiting room, her mom calls to say her dog, who meant a lot to her, was dying. My dad got there so she left to be with her dog since I was alright. It took 23 stitches along my right eyebrow. 6 were in the muscle. When I got home, my girlfriend called and her dog finally died. She was devastated.

So it went from an amazing day to one of the worst. But, I wouldnt change it. It brought us closer, and I got a cool scar and story. Never saw GBH though...
No idea what my worst injury is, but the most embarrassing was spraining my ankle after slipping in a puddle of beer and falling down a flight of stairs. This was on the way out of a Slipknot gig, ironically enough

EDIT: Damn you and your more dramatic beer-related injury
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Seryaph

When Jimmy was playing they got 30 seconds into their second song before the lead guitarist started headbanging. (Br00tal, I know) His head was flailing around so hard that he misjudged the distance from where he was to the end of the stage and off the end of the stage he went. Head first into a compressed air or gas tank. Cracked his head open, broke his Gibson SG in half, had to be rushed off to the hospital.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
My friend and I were smoking a joint at a Neil Young concert and this guy in back of me told me his mother didn't approve.
I haven't really been to any bad concert
my brother has told me lots of stories

-at a free weezer concert in atl (he said there were so many people he nvr saw the stage) ppl were climbing light poles & diving off, & the riot squad showed up.

-he got his hand stepd on by the singer of sum band (i think chariot) & got stage dived onto by the guitarist

-at stone mountain he was seeing the white stripes ppl were throwing beer bottle across the crowd, & the guy beside him got hit

-not rlly an injury, but at three days grace i think, a camera went on some guy in the crowd, so he decided to drop his pants, & so there was a dick on the big screen
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Le_Bunny
I've my face in the armpits of sweaty guys in front of me... ew. Oh and I've also been pushed past by a half-naked, drunk, sweaty guy coming out of the pit. Good show though, it was Underoath.

ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
A fat chick kicked me in the crotch while in a My Chemical Romance concert.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

i was with some friends at some concert, don't remember the band, this 6'7" buff guy looks at my short guy friend and asks "wanna be superman?" he picks up my friend and throws him a huge ass distance, he broke his arm, sept he didn't tell us about it until after the show.
some fag roundhouse kicked me in the face at a Dethklok concert and it broke my jaw

then my friends and I were windmilling and some people ran into us and slammed us into a wall.... I fractured my skull, and both of my friends broke their fingers
Quote by Cheesemaster
i was with some friends at some concert, don't remember the band, this 6'7" buff guy looks at my short guy friend and asks "wanna be superman?" he picks up my friend and throws him a huge ass distance, he broke his arm, sept he didn't tell us about it until after the show.

Musta been awesome. If you had a video camera with you, you could have quite possibly won a zillion dollars on America's Funniest Home Videos.
I was at a Lamb of God show in kinda like a road house thing, the main floor and then a wrap around balcony thing. I was on the main floor.

Well during Ruin this dude on the balcony decides "Hey theres alot of people not looking up at me, if I jump down someone will surely catch me."

So this drunk asshole jumps off the balcony and lands on this huge dude while nearly knocking me out with his foot. The big dude grabs this guy and beats the living **** out of him, then drags his sorry ass to the door.

Also at that same gig, Randy stage dived and I guess some dude grabbed his junk and randy hits the dude with the metal part of the microphone and yells "That package is not for you faggot ****!"

Great show, great time.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by dudius
Musta been awesome. If you had a video camera with you, you could have quite possibly won a zillion dollars on America's Funniest Home Videos.

the idiot finally told us when we got in the car "hey that show was f*ckin awesome, guess what... I broke my arm!!!"
I got pretty much squished into a little mass of condensed mouse when I saw Machine Head at Download in '07. My ribs felt like they were gonna crack, lol, and I nearly fell over under everyone's feet. Thankfully some massive blonde guy "rescued" me and this other girl near me though by simply elbowing the people who were crushing us out of the way. I had some nice bruises on my abdomen and arms
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
I got pretty much squished into a little mass of condensed mouse when I saw Machine Head at Download in '07. My ribs felt like they were gonna crack, lol, and I nearly fell over under everyone's feet. Thankfully some massive blonde guy "rescued" me and this other girl near me though by simply elbowing the people who were crushing us out of the way. I had some nice bruises on my abdomen and arms

Aaaaahh, poor little thing, here have a hug.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603

is this you?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Aaaaahh, poor little thing, here have a hug.

Thanks ^.^

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

is this you?

That is a CLASSIC photo.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I was at Sounds of the Underground a couple years ago and I saw the lead singer of Shadows Fall knock out a security guard with his dreads.
No joke he(lead singer i forgot his name) was headbanging off stage and the security guard walked by, got hit in the back of the head, and went face first into the stage...
It was AMAZING...
Last edited by Nikurasu at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

is this you?

Thakfully no.

*Disclaimer: I went to the concert only because this girl I liked asked me to go with her*
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Went to see Metallica and Ozzy (uh, quite a few years ago) and after the concert, dudes were five stories up on a parking garage throwing down snowballs. My friends and I see a lady in a car right next us (waiting to pick up her kids, no doubt). From above, someone yells something and we look up in time to see a huge chunk of ice being thrown off the top of the garage.

It spiraled down and went right through the windshield of the car next to us and just decimated the poor lady inside. She got out, screaming, her face covered in blood. It didn't happen to us but that's all I got.

(I did lose my shoe when we rushed the stage from the 11th row but it pales in comparison to the carnage afterwards.)
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Unearth and Born of Osiris show last night, two dumb girls decide its a great idea for one of them to get on the other's back. BoO start playing Abstract Art and literally the entire place was moshing. I saw the two girls fall, and later the one that was on top walking away, crying, face covered in blood.
I yam what I yam
i was watching this singer/acoustic guitarist at this cafe, you know, slow soft kind of music, rather serious. he realized that he was somewhat losing the audience, so he changed the lyrics to his song to "i kissed a girl and i liked it", and sang about 4 lines of that song until going back into his song...

just imagine our reaction, considering that he had been playing slow, depressing kind of music then just broke out into that...
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

and it still wasn't as painful as the music!

I actually quite like them, I just had to

I haven't been to a bad concert yet. Some insane drunk biker guy started trying to talk to me before Jorn Lande though, so I just stood there nodding and muttering "please don't eat me"
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-4-u1CB3g

im so glad that dude isnt me.

at sweatfest when suicide silence were on i was standing in the circle then a breakdown came. so started slamming and oh yeah got punched in the face, ripping my lip ring out. easily the worst.
Not too bad, but I got elbowed pretty hard in the head during a circle pit at a Cannibal Corpse concert a year and a half ago. It really caught me off guard.
When I went so see 3 Inches of Blood, these potheads went up to me and my friend and were like, "Hey, you guys wanna smoke weed?"

I'm like, "No thanks."

Then, as they were leaving, my friend goes, "Thanks anyway!"

Also, this guy was doing coke and asked my other friend, "Hey, is this a gram? Fuck it." and snorts it.
Quote by Seryaph

I saw them both too, this must've been after my town though. At the GD and JEW concert in my town, I was in the front with some of my friends and this girl comes crowdsurfing out of nowhere, she gets out, and turns out it was my friend Melissa. We said hi and then she went to the back. Half an hour later I saw her again crowdsurfing to the front. Good times.

I've never gotten hurt at a concert, but at Taste of Chaos '07, 30 STM was playing and the crowd got really rough, and they stopped and asked for everyone to pick up their fellow concert goer, and as they said that, I saw this girl get out of the crowd and her head was gushing blood. All I said when I saw her was "dayummmmmm"

And at Warped Tour '07 in Miami, there was a sever weather alert and when Hawthone Heights or someone was on, it got really dark and the wind sped up really fast that it looked like a tornado was coming because there was construction around and the debris was flailing around everywhere. Some of the merch tents started to fly away too and they had to be taken down for a while. And the kids who like to take it overboard started running around like maniacs screaming while me and my friends just stand there laughing.

Yeah, not really weird, but memorable I guess.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

a while ago my dad was at a ted nugent concert and ted threw a pick out and it landed infront of my dad and when he went to get it this guy steped on his hand so my dad picked up his foot and sent him back on his ass.

as for one of my worst injuries was at a n out door concert some drunk in the half price seats threw a beer bottle at the stage there's only one thing though it fell short and hit me in the back of the head i was out of it for about ten minuts but i stuck through it.
I accidentally gave someone behind a mild concussion with the front of my head once...
ARCHITECTS

UNDEROATH

Aaron Gillespie
Dallas Green

Quote by Fat-bastard0603

i think i have a picture of you
and my worst injury was at a Alexisonfire concert, i ruptured my spleen, i had to get surgery done, i was in the ER and in the hospital for a good week, i got a get well card from Alexisonfire aswell from the other bands that played from that night.

GOD DAMMIT
*BEATEN*

Quote by angus is god

Also at that same gig, Randy stage dived and I guess some dude grabbed his junk and randy hits the dude with the metal part of the microphone and yells "That package is not for you faggot ****!"

Great show, great time.

omfg
that is soo full of win right there.
Last edited by convictionless at Feb 1, 2009,
I got three teeth knocked out by some idiot doing that stupid spin kick thing that the little HxC jackass like to do, I wasn't even in the pit either I was ordring a drink at the bar. I swear to god I just wat to shoot every motherfuker I see doing **** like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
at the slayer concert in perth a couple years back a dude climbed the rafters and lit his long hair on fire and started headbanging, he was so drunk he didnt seem to mind that his hair was burning off his scalp untill he fell to the floor, he got props from the band tho which is cool
Page 1 of 2