Poll Options
View poll results: Fanciness=massive waste of time
yes
21 58%
no
15 42%
Voters: 36.
I'll keep this short

Who here thinks that being fancy is a massive waste of time.

I mean things like going to restaurants where you have to dress up and the food is ridiculously overpriced (you know the ones I mean), and things like the operas (I am not against the music, just the style that you HAVE to have while you are there) basically I am talking about anything you have to get all dressed up for.

People say these things are fun, but I can have fun at a better place where everyone likes for less than a tenth of the price and I can dress normally and no one would care.

This description may be pretty vague, but am I the only one here who thinks that fanciness is "a massive waste of time and money"

am I the only one who thinks like this?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Well Mr. Fancypants, when you dress nice, you look good and you feel good. Though you don't have to dress fancy to look good.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jan 31, 2009,
I like being fancy sometimes, it's fun.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
It's fun but I wouldn't go over the top with it
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Partially. It does feel really nice dressing up in a suit and stuff on occasion. But it was historically always about the upper class feeling better about themselves because they dressed fancy whilst the peasents were in rags.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
If you don't have a monacle, chances are I don't care about you.

quite true. additionally, you may need to wear spats, if the monacle isn't fancy enough...
Quote by metaldud536
Well Mr. Fancypants, when you dress nice, you look good and you feel good. Though you don't have to dress fancy to look good.

my point exactly
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I'll keep this short

Who here thinks that being fancy is a massive waste of time.

I mean things like going to restaurants where you have to dress up and the food is ridiculously overpriced (you know the ones I mean), and things like the operas (I am not against the music, just the style that you HAVE to have while you are there) basically I am talking about anything you have to get all dressed up for.

People say these things are fun, but I can have fun at a better place where everyone likes for less than a tenth of the price and I can dress normally and no one would care.

This description may be pretty vague, but am I the only one here who thinks that fanciness is "a massive waste of time and money"

am I the only one who thinks like this?

The whole fancy thing is part of a status symbol, only rich people can afford to go to the opera AND wear fancy clothes (which they own) at the same time. Don't go rebelling just because you aren't rich like me

Actually, I'm kidding. I'm probably in the UG's poorest 2%. But in all seriousness, nobody care's that you don't like that fancy stuff.

EDIT:
Quote by StonaLemons
Partially. It does feel really nice dressing up in a suit and stuff on occasion. But it was historically always about the upper class feeling better about themselves because they dressed fancy whilst the peasents were in rags.

Whilst? Talk about fancy.....
Last edited by dudius at Jan 31, 2009,
i dont like food at fancy restauraunts when it costs $50 and is difficult to eat/ extremely small. i never seem to leave fancy food places feeling full
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
my point exactly

But sometimes, you do. I love doner kebabs, but that isn't ALL I eat. Sometimes, I slum it, other times, I take the time and effort to prepare some good food. And sometimes it's just chips and gravy that hits the spot.
I'm of the opinion that the monocle/spats should only be worn when you want to, not because you have to. So forced fanciness = waste of time
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
If it's such a waste of time, why waste your time complaining about it?
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by HoppusFanboy
It is kinda fun to dress fancy every now and then.
Suit Up!

YES!