#1
so today at band practice i was was plugging in my PA for vocals and while i was at it i decided to unplug my crybaby pedal as i wasnt going to need it today, and it was not connected to either the guitar or the amp, only plugged into a power strip. as i was unplugging it, my other arm which was resting across the strings of my guitar received an extremely painful electric shock. ik that it came from the strings because i have 7 streaks across my fore arm (i play a 7 string). the only things that were in the power strip at the time was my valveking halfstack and my friends line 6 spider 3. no damage to any of the amps plugged into the powerstrip.

what the hell happened?
#2
You got shocked...
You can call me Aaron.


♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
#3
pics? i wanna see this !!, mite have something to do with your guitar beign grounded?
#4
omg, thanks!

but seriously i was just wondering how i got shocked from my guitar when i unplugged little pedal. and if its something with the powerstrip or just some wierd thing thats probably never going to happen again

EDIT: sorry, i dont own a digital camera. it looks like ive got 7 scars perfectly spaced across my forearm. it wasnt worth it though, it hurt like hell and my arm was all tingly and numb for like 10 minutes
Last edited by soBLINKad at Jan 31, 2009,
#5
same thing happens if you touch the mic while touching the strings. you completed the circuit, so you got shocked.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
#6
Quote by thespian948
same thing happens if you touch the mic while touching the strings. you completed the circuit, so you got shocked.


This

Basically this is why it happened
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
#7
ya that happend to me. luckely is was only a 30 watt amp