Anyone know any guitars with very small frets?
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Small, As in height? or As in distance apart?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
You like small-fretted guitars, hence you must have a small dick Kidding, btw

Gibson SG has pretty manageable frets, but they still keep the sound going.
You may wanna look into this guitar, it has the smallest frets in the world and has less strings that are bigger then normal strings to make it easier for you to see which string is which

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vintage-Modified-Fretless-Jazz-Bass-103871729-i1166455.gc
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
get a mandolin. believe me.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
Quote by Telestar

and i take this round!

Edit: two down.....you're too late.....
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by Anonymouslyours
O.o
i hope that wasnt serious. xD

lol it wasn't
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
You may wanna look into this guitar, it has the smallest frets in the world and has less strings that are bigger then normal strings to make it easier for you to see which string is which

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vintage-Modified-Fretless-Jazz-Bass-103871729-i1166455.gc

icwatudidthar hahaha
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
Christ, you guys are asses.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Quote by cohen5250

that's what you get for being vague.

but seriously, the guitar with the smallest frets (shortest scale length, right?) is a fender mustang/jaguar/jazzmaster. they all have 24" scale lengths, thus having a short space between each of the frets.

is that what you mean?
As in, like, short frets? Well, I don't know of many guitars that will come stock with short frets, but you can always get a bolt-on and then order a neck from Warmoth with short frets.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by cohen5250

From my experience, you aren't exactly the nicest guy around either, pal.

What's your definition of "small" frets? Short and thin? Tall and thin? Short and fat? You need to be more specific.
Quote by metalgirl0
Give more details about what you call "small frets".

I'd assume he meant in comparison to "medium" or "Jumbo" frets, as any guitar player with half a mind would assume.

Most semi-hollow guitars have medium frets, metal guitars usually have jumbo or extra jumbo

Ive never seen small, however
Quote by Pac_man0123
From my experience, you aren't exactly the nicest guy around either, pal.

What's your definition of "small" frets? Short and thin? Tall and thin? Short and fat? You need to be more specific.

Why do you say that?

Any guitarist with half a brain in their head would know that I mean small frets as opposed to medium or jumbo, as previously stated.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Well, lots of Strats come with vintage style small fret wire. I'm pretty sure every custom shop one comes with it and same with the Mexis but I don't think the American Standard and Deluxe come with it. I personally hate the stuff. My friend got a CS '60 Reissue Strat and I can't even play it because the frets bother me so much. You could always just get a refret on any guitar you get, it'll just be around $150-$200 I think.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You like small frets,but doesn't that warrior have jumbo frets? Any shorter scale or vintage model should have smaller frets,so that's a good starting point in your search.I personally prefer large frets,it seems more comfortable for my style to play on them.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Some of the fenders have vintage style smaller frets. I don't really like jumbo frets at all.
I think a Gibson SG has plenty small frets...especially in the higher register.

But personally i'd be more interested in the Epi Prophecy range..i tend to like something a little different and they play very well, with ebony boards, satin neck finishes, EMGs and 24 frets.
I got a question, what does jumbo and xtra jumbo frets mean? like, are they wider, or taller or both or whatever?

Thanks
Not sure if this is what you mean, but I know a guy who had his frets filed down for super low action. That neck played so well its rediculous.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Pac_man0123

Are you describing possible body types of women or something?
Quote by Mosho2
I got a question, what does jumbo and xtra jumbo frets mean? like, are they wider, or taller or both or whatever?

Thanks

Yo. Jumbo frets are taller than regular frets, and a bit thicker. You need to apply less pressure to the string to get a sound, as if you push too hard, you won't hit the note you think you're hitting, since there's a dip in each fretting. Kinda like a cheap scallop, to attempt make a comparison. Jumbo frets (for me, personally) help with fast playing, since you apply less pressure, and you can also push hard and release etc for a vibrato effect.

XTra Jumbo are...taller than jumbo.
Quote by yenners
I think a Gibson SG has plenty small frets...especially in the higher register.

Already said this in an earlier post, homeboy
I lost interest at "frets"
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by cohen5250
Why do you say that?

Any guitarist with half a brain in their head would know that I mean small frets as opposed to medium or jumbo, as previously stated.

1) I say that because pretty much every thread i see you in, you act like an immature **** and don't help at all.

2) There are more types of frets than just "small, medium, and jumbo"