Where's the best place to find a guitar teacher? I live int eh Greenville, SC area, but don't know where to go to find a teacher? thanks!
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
Go to a local guitar shop and ask for people in the area. I wouldn't go to a GC or Sam Ash or anything. A non chain music shop. Teachers will probably have put ads up either with the employees or somewhere in the shop/
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Music dept of local college usually has people wanting to make extra money and will teach
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Yeah, go to music stores. Teachers usually have their ads their.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Go to a local guitar shop and ask for people in the area. I wouldn't go to a GC or Sam Ash or anything. A non chain music shop. Teachers will probably have put ads up either with the employees or somewhere in the shop/

Maybe it's just a rare instance here, but there's a guitar teacher that has a room in the back of a Sam Ash in our area. Very convenient to get all your supplies and a lesson at the same stop. Not to mention, the teacher is VERY professional.

I'd check your GC and Sam Ash anyways. At the very least, you may get suggestions on who are notable teachers in your area.
Last edited by JP Oliver at Feb 1, 2009,