PLEASE explain (to my mother) that joining the military doen't lead to war

Page 1 of 4
I've been wanted to join the Air Force after I graduate but my mother thinks that the minute I get it, I get shipped to Iraq or something. Please help me convince her so I can serve the US. She thinks that there's some BIG Braveheart battle going on 24/7. Even if I DO get sent, it's not like I'm gonna be storming the streets with a Assault Rifle!
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Jan 31, 2009,
You probably will get deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, eventually. That's the point of joining the military.
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
You'll probably be sent to traning, and a bunch of other stuff first, but once Barrack screws us up, you'll be right over there fighting for a country that won't let you drink until your 21.

+ I'm not a big fan of my own countries policies. I wouldn't fight for it. MY OPINION>
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Air Force members get deployed overseas, but they never see any fighting. The only people that see any action are pilots. Members of the Air Force go overseas to support, not to fight.
Quote by madbasslover
Air Force members get deployed overseas, but they never see any fighting. The only people that see any action are pilots. Members of the Air Force go overseas to support, not to fight.

And THAT is the kind of information I'm looking for. Thanks

He will be missed.
If you send your son to the Air Force, he will be repeatedly raped.

...Don't do it.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
And also, in this war, everyone is potentially in harms way. Just the other day I was reading about an Airmen in Air Force Security Forces who was killed in Iraq.

Not trying to scare you, but you can catch a bullet in Iraq, just like you could anywhere else around the world (Not to mention all the non-combat related incidents; not everyone dies in Iraq because of combat.)

It's the nature of the job. You should be happy your parents are concerned, it means they care about you. But in the end, you can't have them make the decisions for you.
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
Aren't you that guy that put nude pics of your mum up on another thread...?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
It actually depends on what you do in the Air Force. I had a grandpa who was a mechanic during the Korean War and he never saw the outside of a hanger much less actually went overseas.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Aren't you that guy that put nude pics of your mum up on another thread...?

Get that mirror out of your face.

He will be missed.
I think you might be too caught up in an argument. You seem like you're too worried about being to correct to see her point, and duh, its hard for any mother to think that her son could go to war and possible die. Which you could.

So how bout both of you do some learning together, instead of asking us(why the fuck would you ask us)
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by New Times
And also, in this war, everyone is potentially in harms way. Just the other day I was reading about an Airmen in Air Force Security Forces who was killed in Iraq.

Not trying to scare you, but you can catch a bullet in Iraq, just like you could anywhere else around the world (Not to mention all the non-combat related incidents; not everyone dies in Iraq because of combat.)

It's the nature of the job. You should be happy your parents are concerned, it means they care about you. But in the end, you can't have them make the decisions for you.

Security Forces have a different job than everyone else. They're starting to be treated more as infantry than anything else, so they're at a significantly higher risk than everyone else. You can't compare the average guy's safety to the safety of a guy in Security Forces. The average guy on an overseas base is more-or-less safe whereas the average guy in Security Forces could be safe one moment and in danger the next.

EDIT:
It actually depends on what you do in the Air Force. I had a grandpa who was a mechanic during the Korean War and he never saw the outside of a hanger much less actually went overseas.

Exactly. You aren't sent over there to shoot and be shot at. You're sent over there to do your job.
Quote by bjovi400
You'll probably be sent to traning, and a bunch of other stuff first, but once Barrack screws us up, you'll be right over there fighting for a country that won't let you drink until your 21.

+ I'm not a big fan of my own countries policies. I wouldn't fight for it. MY OPINION>

policies?
are you kidding?
what about freedom?
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
I had an army recruiter guy call me once and tell me it was his job to get me killed. Verbatim.

That was the last call I took from a recruiter.

Quote by ilovemySG
policies?
are you kidding?
what about freedom?

This is the most generic fucking argument in the history of generic fucking arguments. Freedom to do what? Freedom for a consenting adult to kick back and smoke a joint? Or, I know, how about the freedom for a woman to make as much money for doing the same job as a man. OH, I got it...what about the freedom for two dudes to get married? Freedom to not be oppressed for your religious beliefs? Freedom for a black man to be President without everyone accusing him of being a terrorist? Freedom to download a movie on the internet! Freedom to skateboard in a parking lot! Freedom to smoke a cigarette in a restaurant.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by larrytheguitar

The fact you couldn't think of that yourself suggests you know nothing of what you want to sign up for
Thus making it a stupid move
And you a moron.

You'd fit right in...
Quote by Survivalism
I had an army recruiter guy call me once and tell me it was his job to get me killed. Verbatim.

That was the last call I took from a recruiter.

What an ass!
Quote by ilovemySG
policies?
are you kidding?
what about freedom?

You can't tell me you are 100% satisfied and happy with how this country is run.

Judicial problems, such as 30 year sentences for repeat offense drug users, when big cooperation CEO's get a year for big time embezzlement and tax fraud? there are also, a lot more like this
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 31, 2009,
Quote by larrytheguitar
Get that mirror out of your face.

I'm not some kind of a whore

My nudes cost money, thank you very much.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Hi TS's Mother.
MILFS pl0x
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by ilovemySG
policies?
are you kidding?
what about freedom?

Freedom?!

Your country isn't the one with an army on it, oyur country isn't the one with a war on their territory.

Bah, I hate when americans say they're fighting for their country in Iraq/Afghanistan when they have nothing to do there.

/rant

Sorry if I'm offending you.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by bjovi400

You can't tell me you are 100% satisfied and happy with how this country is run

haha BELIEVE me dude i am not, but would you rather live in a country with a relatively ****ed up economy, bad plans, bad this bad that, but allowed to do whatever you want, wherever you want, and just live how you want, or have to live how someone else wants you to live?

idk i dont really wanna get into an arguement on a guitar forum it just seems black and white to me
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
You spelled "doesn't" wrong in the thread title..
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by ilovemySG
haha BELIEVE me dude i am not, but would you rather live in a country with a relatively ****ed up economy, bad plans, bad this bad that, but allowed to do whatever you want, wherever you want, and just live how you want, or have to live how someone else wants you to live?

idk i dont really wanna get into an arguement on a guitar forum it just seems black and white to me

Your argument makes living under a Dictator sound brilliant
If that wasn't your intention, kindly stop thinking, it'll save the world some hassle
Quote by madbasslover
Security Forces have a different job than everyone else. They're starting to be treated more as infantry than anything else, so they're at a significantly higher risk than everyone else. You can't compare the average guy's safety to the safety of a guy in Security Forces. The average guy on an overseas base is more-or-less safe whereas the average guy in Security Forces could be safe one moment and in danger the next.

I wasn't implying that Air Force isn't invincible in Iraq because the TS seems concerned about getting deployed (or his mom does, whtever).

I leave for boot in a week or so, so I don't know much about anything yet, but I feel sorry for people who join and think they aren't going to be deployed.

And also, the airmen was killed from a non-combat related incident.
Space Reserved for

Epic Sig
We have the military to go to war, therefore, it does.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by madbasslover
Speaking of not knowing anything...

I was being facetious...
Quote by larrytheguitar

Great idea! Ignore all the other posts and focus on the one that supports the same ideas as you.
Quote by ilovemySG

Of course i don't want to live in a country where i can be murdered by government officials for running over someones cow. But like i said, this country isn't perfect either. I'll voluntarily fight for the real Promised Land. not this land i'm in now
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by tushmeister
I was being facetious...

Ahh. I apologize, then.

I wasn't implying that Air Force isn't invincible in Iraq because the TS seems concerned about getting deployed (or his mom does, whtever).

I leave for boot in a week or so, so I don't know much about anything yet, but I feel sorry for people who join and think they aren't going to be deployed.

And also, the airmen was killed from a non-combat related incident.

I know what you meant, I just don't want the TS thinking he'll be in mortal danger every second he's over there. Security Forces is kind of a dangerous job, so it's not always the best one to compare the others to in a deployment situation. Anyways, how'd the Security Forces guy die, then?

Also, ! I joined as well, I ship in March as a linguist.
Quote by bjovi400

We're fighting for more than policies, you doucherocket.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought

read my other posts, 'doucherocket'

It's my opinion on this matter, also
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by Dreadnought

Answer question for noob? How are you on the internetz? You can take your laptop to the military?
Quote by bjovi400
read my other posts, 'doucherocket'

It's my opinion on this matter, also

You know he's actually IN the military, right? He's not sitting at home mooching off of his parents like some people involved in the brewing argument. *cough cough*
Quote by bjovi400
Of course i don't want to live in a country where i can be murdered by government officials for running over someones cow. But like i said, this country isn't perfect either. I'll voluntarily fight for the real Promised Land. not this land i'm in now

im sure everyone here would agree that its not perfect but,
think of all the things that you have, that other people in other country's dont even fathom

i can think about five or six but a few good good ones like freedom obv, the fact that you can walk into a hospital and get what you need fixed or whatever, and if you really need food or money, you can get it.

like dude i realy dont care thats just my opinion, the fact that our economy is failing, our new president might be awesome, but might be horrible, it all sucks but im looking at the big picture.
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Dreadnought

What are you fighting for? This isn't a personal attack, I've seen you in the pit before, and I'm just wondering.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Page 1 of 4