hey guys, im saving up for a nice prs in the future and have a quick question. is it possible to take a 24 fret PRS tremelo and convert the tremelo into a stoptail?? i cant find any custom 24s with a stoptail. i really do not like tremelos at all and would get a 22 over a 24 if it really came down to it. any advice would be great...thanks!
you can make a a tremolo guitar into a stoptail with any major guitar 'surgery'.
its pretty easy, there this guitar accessory called Tremol-No, with makes the tremolo bridge into a stoptail.

here is the site

http://www.tremol-no.com/
To totally convert to stoptail/TOM you would need to fit blocks of wood into the spring cavity and where the tremolo goes. Drill holes for the sleeves then repaint the guitar. Not going to be very cheap if a shop does it for you. The block of wood is free for blocking the tremolo or buy the guitar that comes with the stoptail set up.
Quote by guitar033
hey guys, im saving up for a nice prs in the future and have a quick question. is it possible to take a 24 fret PRS tremelo and convert the tremelo into a stoptail?? i cant find any custom 24s with a stoptail. i really do not like tremelos at all and would get a 22 over a 24 if it really came down to it. any advice would be great...thanks!

I've played a custom 24 with a stoptail so look harder.

Also the high end PRS trems are freakin' amazing! They wont give you any problems. Especially since the custom 24 has locking tuners stock.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
I've played a custom 24 with a stoptail so look harder.

Also the high end PRS trems are freakin' amazing! They wont give you any problems. Especially since the custom 24 has locking tuners stock.

PRS' website lists on the the custom 22 coming in either stoptail or tremolo. The 24 is listed as tremolo only.
Quote by Pac_man0123
PRS' website lists on the the custom 22 coming in either stoptail or tremolo. The 24 is listed as tremolo only.

Well that sucks lol, It was my friends and I know that its a hardtail custom 24, don't know when it was made though. Musta discontinued it.

Well then I would vote for a tremolo no
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo