Hey guys, I decided to... back up my PSX collection, so i've been working on downloading some software to get it to work on my Mac... i'm having a bit of a problem with getting anything to work though.
Im trying to use PCSX.. I downloaded the file, and then used the StuffIt extender to get the .bin and .cue file, and then used Firestarter to burn it to a disk.. the disk has all of the game data on it, but PCSX can't get it to play.. it either closes unexpectadly, or pulls up a black box.
After that, I used Toast and mounted a virtual disk, which also doesn't play.. I think my problem is with the "Bias" file, I'm a bit of a noob, so I dont really know what i'm supposed to do about that.. I tried to find the SPCH1001.bin file or whatever, and move it to my Library/blahblah/PCSX folder, but I couldn't find the file, so no way to move it there...

Any help gets a billion e-cookies. Help me UG Boards.. you're my only hope.
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
do you mean "BIOS"?

To use a Playstation emulator you need a playstation bios, they don't come with them because technically speaking distributing them is illegal, which means you have to either rip the bios from a playstation or acquire one illegally via the interwebs.
Quote by freedoms_stain
do you mean "BIOS"?

...that I do. My bad... sigh. Yeah, like I said, i'm a bit of a nub still. Thanks though.
Lol
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by freedoms_stain
do you mean "BIOS"?

To use a Playstation emulator you need a playstation bios, they don't come with them because technically speaking distributing them is illegal, which means you have to either rip the bios from a playstation or acquire one illegally via the interwebs.

BIOS are illegal?
Quote by X-face
BIOS are illegal?
the playstation bios is Sony's intellectual property, unless you own a playstation it's illegal to have a copy of a Sony bios.

Sony can't stop people making emulator software, but as soon as they try and distribute the bios it's suing time.

So the post you made linking to a copy of the bios is illegal, which is against UG rules.
Quote by X-face
you need a PSX bios to play the games.
here a link to the SPCH1001.bin
the download button is towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xwdqpn

Alright, I have that spch1001.bin file, put it in the /library/blahblabahb/BIOS folder... but it still isn't working. Do i need to do something with the .bin file, or just leave it there?

Lol at the pirate thing, it would be pirating if I didn't already own the game on the PSX.. i'm just away at school now, and dont have a PSX here with me.
Quote by xkingd117x
Alright, I have that spch1001.bin file, put it in the /library/blahblabahb/BIOS folder... but it still isn't working. Do i need to do something with the .bin file, or just leave it there?

Lol at the pirate thing, it would be pirating if I didn't already own the game on the PSX.. i'm just away at school now, and dont have a PSX here with me.

lol liar
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████