what do you need to record from the lineout feature from an amp....i want something that does not need to use the computer it just records it on a memory disk or something like that... thx

EDIT i want something cheapish thx again
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Feb 1, 2009,
i want something that records using the line out on my amp....but i dont want to use a computer

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
A 4-track? LOL

Why not buy a USB audio interface, plug your guitar in, and use some software? It's a lot easier than using analog/external recorders, etc.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
A 4-track? LOL

Why not buy a USB audio interface, plug your guitar in, and use some software? It's a lot easier than using analog/external recorders, etc.

b/c my dad wont let me..

Quote by Prophet of Page
May I ask why not?

It's MUCH easier than the alternative.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
May I ask why not?

It's MUCH easier than the alternative.

just because he does not want to use a software i just need something with line in recording and a usb plug

Quote by Prophet of Page
I can't think of anything apart from standard recorders. Find a cheap 4-track on craigslist.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

your talking an upwards of a 1000 bux to get that. mainly because you have to buy a computer that only records. the machines are for studios and are designed for multi track recording.

the best way is computer. and thats all you can really get cheapish. dedicated hardware is way out of your price range.
Not too mention that using a computer will yield better results because using solely hardware is not very good or professional TBH
Use a cheap USB interface. Of course, when I say cheap, I'm talking around 100 bucks, that's their starting price.
They are about $300, but an H4 Zoom should do it. I don't really know of anything cheaper that would sound very good.