Anyone think the Line 6 TonePort UX2 is a decent recording interface? I'm not looking for tones out of it, just something to record my band with.
no. The tone port is only for guitar. And Its only has 2 channels. Tough to get a good drum sound with only 2 inputs. Look at something M-audio.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
no. The tone port is only for guitar. And Its only has 2 channels. Tough to get a good drum sound with only 2 inputs. Look at something M-audio.

Oh, I was under the impression that because it had 2 XLR and 2 TRS inputs, that I could then use four channels, and plug two TRS mics into it.

And I was actually looking at the Lexicon Alpha USB interface.

To be honest, all I really need are two inputs, we can do multiple takes until everything's recorded. Would the TonePort be better then since I could use effects from it as well?
Well it has 2 XLR inputs and 2 guitar inputs, so it would probably be okay. Haven't had much experience so I'm not entirely sure.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
meh, to me the toneports more of a multi-tasker between a headphones practicing/guitar tone device than something to record drums and stuff with. look at some m-audio like earlier mentioned
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I have a lexicon omega, the thing is really good for all the more I paid for it. I would def. recommend Lexicon.