I have this old 1x10 solid state Fender combo amp which I just LOVE the sound of. Normally for every big show I play with my band I use a tube half-stack, but I have this big important show coming up and I really want to use my little amp instead because it sounds a lot better.

My band is going to have our amps miced and sent out through the PA, so I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to bring my little amp and have it balanced with my bassist's 1x15 combo and my rhythm guitarist's 4x10, suggesting that the sound guy could just balance it?
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
I'm no expert but it should work if you have a mic placed close enough, you just won't be able to hear yourself on stage as well unless you have some type of monitors or something.
Speak to the sound tech in advance if you're worried. if it's a big venue there shouldn't be a problem. just make sure you ask him to pump your signal through the monitors so you (most importantly) and the rest of the band can hear you.
Your 1x10 fender solid state combo sounds better than your tube half stack?

Unless its a sidekick reverb. They have really amazing clean channels and wicked blues drive.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Your 1x10 fender solid state combo sounds better than your tube half stack?

Unless its a sidekick reverb. They have really amazing clean channels and wicked blues drive.

Yeahh it's a really vintage Fender Champion 110 and it sounds just amazing. Thanks for the help everyone!
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Yeah. I do this all the time because my amp fund drained away, so I never bought anything decent. I do need to.

Miccing works fine, just point out to the sound guy(s) that your amp is quiet.
Well im too no expert but no way a 10 watt ss amp can sound better than a half stack tube amp i mean no way cmon you have to be doing something wrong. maybe you might be tonedeaf and it sounds good to you but the audience wont like it xD
I've often mic'd my Yale when space didn't allow for the big stack. Be sure to perch it up high enough for you to hear it as a monitor. FYI the Yale is a 50w 1x12 SS combo that is a cut above most SS amps. I suspect the old Champion is like the wee brother of it and about 30w. It might sound better than a really poor tube & cab and is sure to have a more versatile pre-amp. So you could take the slave out (if it has one) and pump it into the half stack and get the best of both.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x