I really dont know alot about most pick-ups but all my friends tell me Dimarzio's are the ****. My problem is considering i dont know anything about them i dont know which one i should get in the bridge and which one in the neck. I play mainly oldschool death metal, and technical **** so i need alot of crunch, alot of gain, just full throttle ****ing chuck style if you know what i mean.

So, suggestions?
d activator, x2n, or drop sonic.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Well, i've been considering an Evo on the bridge and a PAF Pro on my Les Paul neck.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Try all of them.
Dimarzio has a 30 day return policy, tons of people try em', send em back, try another ect.
I have a paf joe in the neck and a moe joe in the bridge. They are kick a**. Go with dimarzio and if its not what you're looking for you can always exchange for something else. That what i love about them.
as long as i get crunch and good distortion thats not scratchy it's fine with me.
I dont know what to put them in though. I have a Schecter C1-FR but the hardware is horrible, the floyd rose isn't leveled right( i can just fix that) and i have fret buzz like crazy. Its a good good guitar but i think im going to put it in this cheap little dean vendetta i have, its pretty good for the 50 bucks i paid for it..
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah. Amp. If you have a problem with your tone, it's the first port of call.

Presuming it's a good amp I think you'd like the D-Sonic (bar towards bridge), the D-Activator, or the Evolution (careful of the clarity though; any mistakes will be clear as daylight)
In the neck, a PAF Pro is always amazing, the Evo Neck will be a bit shreddier, a D-Activator neck will be hot and gritty, the FRED will be crisp and punchy, and the Air Norton will score good harmonics, even in the neck.

Your friend is right, DiMarzios are the shit, but if you've got the money, only Bare Knuckles will do.

I reckon you'd dig the War Pig, but the Miracle man would be good too.
Took all my Bareknuckles out and replaced them with the original dimarzio's, Miracle man sounded like an EMG that had run out of battery, and trust me, i really really wanted to like them.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Took all my Bareknuckles out and replaced them with the original dimarzio's, Miracle man sounded like an EMG that had run out of battery, and trust me, i really really wanted to like them.

Heard you say so on the BKP forum, actually.
Shame about that.
Mmkay, War Pig it is.
I's still like to try out the Nailbomb/ Warpig as well as the VHII's
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
^I reckon it was the ceramics that turned you off the Miracle Man; all those are alnico, you'll probably prefer them.

BKPs or not, that PGM is still to die for with that cartoon on it :p

On topic: Amp, please.
Chuck used an X2N though a marshall JCM 800 (I think or was it a JVM?) Eitherway if you're looking to replicate his tone the X2N is what you need. But if you take that route you can forget about versitality completly.
^if you take the X2N you can forget about TONE completely. That thing's a piece of shit with no bottom end response, harsh highs and vapid, sterile tone. Avoid.
+1

The X2N just exists as Dimarzios response to the Invader fanboys - I'm pretty sure it was originally intended as a joke, they just mocked up some ads saying something like "You can't actually buy this pickup...we designed it but we've decided it's just too dangerous to be released", but naturally got so many enquiries that they had to put it into production.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Much like the Invader, the only thing the X2N has going for it is that it looks badass.
When I was 15 I soooooo wanted an Invader for my guitar - they just looked so brutal, they had to sound amazing, right?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
When I was 15 I soooooo wanted an Invader for my guitar - they just looked so brutal, they had to sound amazing, right?

Agreed.

Back on topic, we still don't know TS's amp :\
hey, i've been looking at dimarzio pickups and i'm thinking of getting the super distortion in the bridge (single coil) but i cant work out what to balance it out with in the middle and neck, and i'm going through a laney lv300 twin tube amp and a ibanez ts9... have you looked at seymour duncan or lace pickups?
Last edited by m1nd_bull3ts at Feb 1, 2009,
I was checking out the BK Nailbomb for one of my guitars, but I think I'm sold on the Warpig. I'll pick one up sometime in the near future and test it out.

Anyways, like I said yesterday in this thread, it's best to just try most of them out. Trying them out in all different guitars wouldn't help so much, so I'd take advantage of the return policy like a few others do. I'm very interested in hearing the Fast Track 2, Chopper and Air Norton S.
Quote by Justin Credible
Chuck used an X2N though a marshall JCM 800 (I think or was it a JVM?) Eitherway if you're looking to replicate his tone the X2N is what you need. But if you take that route you can forget about versitality completly.

It was a Marshall Valvestate solid state.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores