all their songs are heavy. and they dont let up, they dont submit to the mainstream, randy blythe does outward vocals, they dont have pussyass clean vocals. im not hating on clean vocals, but clean vocals in metalcore are gay. lamb of god is like the new pantera in that theyre always heavy, EXCEPT lamb of god has growls. if lamb of god is metalcore, pantera might as well be labeled hardcore. what gives?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
yawn.

it has been stated that the only reason log is in the metalcore forum is for reducing traffic in the metal forum.

also, funny quote in sig, i love PTH
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Lamb of God is metal in a sense but they're also hardcore in a sense because they use breakdowns and leave out solos for the most part. Also, they're American which, as dumb as it seems, kind of puts you into the metalcore category automatically if you're teetering on the edge.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Goddamn, every ****ing day.

They have more core elements than metal elements. Blythe's vocals are a slightly deeper metalcore scream. Listen a little bit closer. The riffing has a little bit of thrash influence, but much more core influence, as does the composition in general. They belong in the hardcore forum more than they do in the metal forum.

I'm not saying they're bad. I personally think they are, but I'm not gonna insult them here. I'm just saying they're metalcore, whether you love 'em or hate 'em.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by HelloHalo
Goddamn, every ****ing day.

They have more core elements than metal elements. Blythe's vocals are a slightly deeper metalcore scream. Listen a little bit closer. The riffing has a little bit of thrash influence, but much more core influence, as does the composition in general. They belong in the hardcore forum more than they do in the metal forum.

Not the greatest LoG fan either, but do you even know what core riffs sound like or...
Metalcore, hardcore, thrash, death metal...who cares? Seriously, why is labeling a band's genre such a big deal? As far as I'm concerned, it's all just a bunch of angry prog rock anyways.
Quote by Stickymongoose
Metalcore, hardcore, thrash, death metal...who cares? Seriously, why is labeling a band's genre such a big deal? As far as I'm concerned, it's all just a bunch of angry prog rock anyways.

Ignorance ahoy!
Quote by jamesdtsx
all their songs are heavy. and they dont let up, they dont submit to the mainstream, randy blythe does outward vocals, they dont have pussyass clean vocals. im not hating on clean vocals, but clean vocals in metalcore are gay. lamb of god is like the new pantera in that theyre always heavy, EXCEPT lamb of god has growls. if lamb of god is metalcore, pantera might as well be labeled hardcore. what gives?

You make no sense.

Lamb of God have more -core in their music than metal. yeahhh what that guy said haha
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
What the fuck? Firstly: it's metalcore, so it goes in the hardcore forum, because metalcore is hardcore, not metal. Secondly: it's not because of 'trafficking reasons', it's because ITS NOT FUCKING METAL!
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
How the **** do you compare Pantera to LoG?

Listen to Blood of the Scribe by LoG

Then listen to ****ing Hostil by Pantera.

If you hear no difference, there's seriously something wrong with you.
Seriously, what's the big deal? You waste so much time dividing an already fairly exclusive genre into such tiny little sub-genres it's ridiculous. And then, all these big fans of one particular genre rant and rave on another genre because it's been ostracized from true metal for some bizarre little detail, like whether the singer is shouting, screaming, growling or singing, or how many guitar solos are written into each song. It's stupid. Just listen to the music, then make an intelligent, informed decision on whether or not you like it.
Quote by Nafon

See, now this is exactly what I'm talking about. If there was NO difference, there'd be no point in even being two bands. Try listening to Pat Metheny, then Bela Fleck. Hear a difference? Of course you do. Now, should we A) pick a favorite, label the other one Jazzcore and bash away because it's slightly different, or B) Accept the fact that there should still be a good deal of room for artistic variation within a musical genre?
*reported* dude don't even bother. their metalcore accept it
"We carry death out of the village!"
how the hellare you vaginas WHahttttt
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Stickymongoose
See, now this is exactly what I'm talking about. If there was NO difference, there'd be no point in even being two bands. Try listening to Pat Metheny, then Bela Fleck. Hear a difference? Of course you do. Now, should we A) pick a favorite, label the other one Jazzcore and bash away because it's slightly different, or B) Accept the fact that there should still be a good deal of room for artistic variation within a musical genre?

You wont accept that something is METALCORE and one is THRASH METAL.

Learn how each songs of those genres are structured then talk to me.
Quote by Stickymongoose

Definitely A. If you pick B, you aren't metal, so fuck off back to the hardcore forum.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Artistic variation.. lolololol.

LoG = No Solos
Pantera = Solos

LoG = Breakdowns
Pantera = No breakdowns.

LoG = No Speed in playing
Pantera = Speed in playing

Hmmmm, LoG = Thrash Metal? Wow.
wtf is seppuku!

Quote by Internal Chaos
Um yeah I know. But they're pretty obviously metal. I mean ffs, compare them to Altaria and Blind Guardian, who's heavier? LAMB OF GOD.

Please be trolling.

We don't consider Blind Guardian metal because they're heavy, because they're not.

As someone on this forum once put it, true metal isn't something you can describe. When you listen to something, you can just tell if it's true or not. If this concept confuses you, get out of metal.

LoG are not "true" (I hate that term)

Blind Guardian are.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
If you enjoy the music who cares what "genre" they are
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I don't get it. Metal was based on being HEAVY. Now when a band is HEAVY, it is metal, based on that logic.

LoG are heavy. I don't think a 'vibe' justifies it.
Quote by Nafon

sweet, one song on one song comparisons. easy. that doesnt justify whatever you want to say, you cant base what you want to say off one song of each band. and LoG isnt thrash, theyre groove metal. and their riffs are actually quite similar to pantera, just modernized.

"Blythe's vocals are a slightly deeper metalcore scream." metalcore screamers use inward vocals, randy uses outward. listen to randy blythes vocals, they are quite similar in sound to jens kidman of meshuggah's vocals. meshuggah has never and will never be labeled -core.
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Because the only thing better than listening to metal is proclaiming, as if sitting upon Satan's own spikey throne, that Their Metal is NOT Our Metal. If everyone were allowed in the clubhouse, it wouldn't be any fun to have one.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Free to Guitar, I am the closest thing UG has to Satan, and I say LoG is not metal and is not allowed in Satan's clubhouse, and so that is how it is.

Quote by jamesdtsx
sweet, one song on one song comparisons. easy. that doesnt justify whatever you want to say, you cant base what you want to say off one song of each band. and LoG isnt thrash, theyre groove metal. and their riffs are actually quite similar to pantera, just modernized.

"Blythe's vocals are a slightly deeper metalcore scream." metalcore screamers use inward vocals, randy uses outward. listen to randy blythes vocals, they are quite similar in sound to jens kidman of meshuggah's vocals. meshuggah has never and will never be labeled -core.

Fuck it, I couldn't troll any longer after seeing this post. Also, I'm ashamed of you for thinking I was serious

Meshuggah are close to being labelled core. The only reason they aren't is because it's technical. The chugginess and the hardcore vocals lead straight to core.

Metalcore vocalists don't inhale. It's called the vocal fry. Barely any bands inhale, you'll notice the ones who do are the ones who stand still on stage. Randy exhales, like everyone else. He has a horrible growl, in has no power behind it, and everyone thinks he's amazing.

Lamb of God are VERY hardcore influenced. I can understand the groove aspect of it, but listen to Hatebreed and compare the two, you'll notice they're very similar.
Quote by jamesdtsx

There is a subtle difference between metalcore screams and inhales. I can think of a lot of crappy metalcore bands (that is bands that are crap, not the entire genre, before you jump down my neck) who use exhales exclusively. Bullet for my Valentine. Killswitch Engage.

Meshuggah will never be labeled -core because their riff structure, songwriting approach and general attitude and 'vibe' have bugger all to do with anything hardcore. Lamb of God has such an overabundance of tough guy vocals and lyrics that it's not even funny.

And this is where my contributions end, lest I be banned as this thread was reported.
Quote by MHDrunk
What the fuck? Firstly: it's metalcore, so it goes in the hardcore forum, because metalcore is hardcore, not metal. Secondly: it's not because of 'trafficking reasons', it's because ITS NOT FUCKING METAL!

Wrong.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link