Well my bass ATM is pretty bad.
So I wanna bit by bit build up to a better P-Bass.
So first up I'm gonna get some better pick-ups put them in my knock off P-bass and when I get a better body put them in there.
I'm thinking the seymour duncan qaurter pound P-bass p-up would suit me well.
My bass gear is in my sig and I like to use my bass more as an extra guitar than using it kinda like an extra drum (I.E lemmy uses his more as another guitar but the bassist from AC/DC uses it like a drum if you know what I mean).
I listen to Kyuss,sabbath,motorhead,AC/DC,pixies,nirvana,the stooges,spiderbait just to give you an idea.So really it needs to cover punk/grunge/older metal.
So if anyone can reccomend a different p-up I would really appreciate it.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
As many people have said in the past, pickups will only affect the sound to a certain extent. You'd be better off buying a more expensive P-bass than modding a cheap one.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I'm still gonna get a good one,it's just that until then,I will get the pick-ups that I will eventually put in the good one in the cheapo one.

Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Thats a weird idea dude.

It would be much cheaper and easier. to get a half decent P-bass, like maybe a MiM P or even a Highway One P and cramming some upgraded pups in that.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by ZaccB
Thats a weird idea dude.

It would be much cheaper and easier. to get a half decent P-bass, like maybe a MiM P or even a Highway One P and cramming some upgraded pups in that.

Thats exactly what he is going to do.

Just in an.... Erm..... Reversed kinda way.......
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
makes sense to me, you just want a nice pup that you can use in a crappy bass for a while until you get a better bass to put it in.

A good pup swap is third only to an amp or string change in my book, with wood and then other hardware, and maybe cables etc. being not as drastic a tonal change as the pup--so it's really not a terrible idea.

You have a lot to choose from--and you're going to get a lot of recomendations for the seymour duncan quarter pounders. I own one and love it--it's also pretty affordable as far as upgrade pups go. If you get a MiM p bass down the road, you can still take your quarter pounder and pop it in there and consider it a worthwhile upgrade--so it's not like you're buying an intermediate level pup to replace the exact same thing that would come on that intermediate bass you'll be getting down the road.
Dullsilver_mike is onto it.
And down here an MIM P-Bass is a relativly nice bass

SD QP> everything.

good thinking too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The QPs aren't a bad choice for what you play. Another company in the same price range you should look at is Dimarzio. I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but they seem pretty good.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
The QPs aren't a bad choice for what you play. Another company in the same price range you should look at is Dimarzio. I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but they seem pretty good.

I love my Dimarzio J pups, absolutely no experience with the p though
I'll also concur on the Quarter Pounders. I slapped a set in my all maple P bass clone and the sound difference was quite noticeable. Punchy and bright as daylight.