I though jumbo frets were the only frets there are :-/ the alternatives being fretless and carved out fingerboard.
It doesn't really make a difference in terms of sound.
The only difference is that it is suppose to be easier to bend the strings on a jumbo frets.
It's all about preference though. Try out the different types and decide which feels best for you.
Definitely try before you buy. You might like jumbo frets better on an electric.
Then again, if you have tried them and prefer low frets for an electric, stick with that.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
go for the jumbo they bend and vibrato easier although the tend to munch ur fingers but just work through that also u dont hav to do hammer ons as hard
Quote by hatecrew-81
go for the jumbo they bend and vibrato easier although the tend to munch ur fingers but just work through that also u dont hav to do hammer ons as hard

Don't listen to this guy. Half that stuff has to do with technique, the other is truthful (the finger munching).

Try out a bunch of guitars with different size frets and find one you like. I myself hate jumbo frets. Medium-jumbo are my preferred size.