I just bought a new Epi Les Paul standard and it's treating me great and everything, I'm really lovin' it. I have a crappy amp though and definately need a new one. It's just something to play at my house most likely.
I've been looking at the Line 6 Spider III a little bit. I played some Line 6 at my uncle's house (it was much bigger and different this but it sounded ok to me). Everything I read on here though is that Line 6 should just be avoided though. Is this basically the case for everything?
Would the Peavy Vypry be my better option?
I'm looking at either 15W to 30W.
I'm just in a tough situation becuase I really do not know much about amps, and I don't want to spend money on something crappy, or get in a scenario where if I had spent just a little more I can get a lot better quality.

Sorry for my noobery but it's almost 5 A.M. and I've been e-shopping for the past 3 hours.
Definitely the Peavey. Line 6 itself isn't intrinsically bad, but the Spiders definitely are.
The spider makes it's own processed voices.

This means sticking pedals in front will not give a good sound, cause it doesn't have "it's own sound" sorta speak.

Line6 pods and the like are very nice for recording and stuff.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Oh man, Roland Cube 30/Cube 60 are simply amazing amps, especially for the price they are.
Quote by Mark G
Spiders are bad, line6 is not. Get the facts straight.

Hey now that's why I'm asking you guys lol.
ok well I think I get it now, the Spider is a no-go...

Ok now, one more stupid question... Now I finally get it that these amps I'm looking it are modelers and have the effects built in thus eliminating the need for fx pedals? But if want to switch between these effects quickly I'd need the Sanpera foot thing? (assuming I go with the Peavy)

Haven't looked at the Roland's yet but I'll do that now.
Last edited by FLAgatorsLP at Feb 1, 2009,
Line 6 aint bad, Spiders are OKAY (on scale of 1 to 10 id give them 4 maybe 5)

the Spider III series are orite, decent cleans, orite distortion, however, when u play loud, it sounds like utter ****e (i know this from experience, i own a Spider YES LAUGH).

If i were you, look at the Peavey Vypyr series & the Vox Valetronix, much better amps in all departments
I've been a line 6 user since 1998 and no it doesn't suck, yet the Spider series is a bit too expensive for it's quality and the Roland is definitely a better choice. As for the Peavey...sorry guys but somehow modelling amps and with bloodsucker monickers are just doomed. That thing sucked as much as a the Behringer VAMPire. Go for the Roland and if you want a good Line 6 amp in the future try the HD147 or a Pod Live combined with a power amp or an amp tha leaves it's sound as pure as possible
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Yeah theres a lot of love for the cubes on here. I wish could have the chance to play one though.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
^ The Cubes do a decent job for their price.

There are a lot of budget amp threads here TS, and the general consensus will always be either Vox Valvetronix, which is pretty well correct. However, the Peavey Bandit is also a great starting option, so I would consider that if I were you.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by SylKain
I've been a line 6 user since 1998 and no it doesn't suck, yet the Spider series is a bit too expensive for it's quality and the Roland is definitely a better choice. As for the Peavey...sorry guys but somehow modelling amps and with bloodsucker monickers are just doomed. That thing sucked as much as a the Behringer VAMPire. Go for the Roland and if you want a good Line 6 amp in the future try the HD147 or a Pod Live combined with a power amp or an amp tha leaves it's sound as pure as possible

You bought a BC Rich.
I played one big spider on a music store and I dont like their sound
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by danza71
Oh man, Roland Cube 30/Cube 60 are simply amazing amps, especially for the price they are.

I tried a Schecter Hellraiser Avenger through a Cube 60 yesterday at a guitar store, it sounded so awesome.. even at low volume. The overdrive was great, but then again, I've never played full-tube amp so i have nothing to compare to.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by Dream Pin
You bought a BC Rich.

So? They make good guitars. They have a bad rep from their low end sh*t though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Dream Pin
You bought a BC Rich.

You are a sheep. 'Nuff said.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?