Poll: Choose the best one for different rock styles
Poll Options
View poll results: Choose the best one for different rock styles
Ibanez SAS32EX
11 34%
Epiphone SG Prophecy GX (Gibson Dirty Fingers Pickups)
21 66%
Voters: 32.
Hi,
So guys what do you think is best from these two guitars below for different style of rock, using vox AD30:

Ibanez SAS32EX:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SAS32EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=518116

Epiphone SG Prophecy GX (Gibson Dirty Fingers Pickups):
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Custom-GX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515619

I made a poll so if you know both guitars vote for you best one, thanks.
sg simply because it looks so much better
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
SG but if you're looking at Ibanez S' you should check out the S470, it's got a better trem
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
i say go for the ibanez. you know you want a whammy. and that cause im biased for ibanez.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I'd say the SG.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
That is one ****in' sexy SG...

TS it all depends on themusic you play, and what guitar you have now and whwether you like the feel of it etc. etc.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Duuuude get the SG prophecy.
the prophecy series of epiphones are just sooooo frickin awesome.
24 frets, ebony fret boards, Gibson Dirty Fingers Pickups, Gold Hardware.
That guitar is just awesooome.
all right, thanks guys. The SG got more votes but i want to ask a question about Gibsondirty fingers pickups: Can i get good clean sounds out (creamy sounds)?
I have a custom Epiphone SG, and IMO their guitars are not worth that kind of money. Don't get me wrong, I love the guitar, but its quality doesn't stackup against other guitars for that kind of money. The action will be set ridiculously high, when you lower it to your liking its going to buzz like hell, the paint chips and dings easily. I don't know about Ibanez though.

I paid $400 for mine in their last minute fire sale, and I wouldnt pay any more than that now.
Quote by rocker313
all right, thanks guys. The SG got more votes but i want to ask a question about Gibsondirty fingers pickups: Can i get good clean sounds out (creamy sounds)?

The Dirty Fingers are total shit; I don't care what you play, I promise you'll hate them :\
For that reason I picked the Ibanez; it's beautiful, has a decent trem (but don't overdo it) and doesn't have crap pickups (although you still might want to replace them)

Edit: oh yeah, the neck on the Ibanez is beastly; there's practically no neck joint!
Last edited by Rock Pig at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by GuitarDTO
I have a custom Epiphone SG, and IMO their guitars are not worth that kind of money. Don't get me wrong, I love the guitar, but its quality doesn't stackup against other guitars for that kind of money. The action will be set ridiculously high, when you lower it to your liking its going to buzz like hell, the paint chips and dings easily. I don't know about Ibanez though.

I paid $400 for mine in their last minute fire sale, and I wouldnt pay any more than that now.

these prophecy epiphone guitars are worth it. they're specially made for metal so they play good with low action.
^Most guitars play nicely if the action's low.
And one more time, the Dirty Fingers is shit. Avoid.
Yes, the dirty fingers is meh at best. Avoid.

I voted Ibanez, but there's always the S320 for about the same price, and it's got a heavier-duty trem system.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by rancidryan
sg simply because it looks so much better

O_O Isn't that one of the forbidden sins? Assuming something will sound good simply because it looks better?

I'd go with Ibanez, but that's just me. Better bang for the buck I suppose. Also, check out the ART300 (I think). Very nice pickups and a smooth neck for playing, not to mention it looks badass.