Didn't really know where to put this, so I thought I'd stick it here. Basically, I want a cheap USB keyboard to be able to play piano directly into Garageband. I have no experience with these things, but would want a cheap one, as cheap as possible. I saw the following...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/e-keys-37/67394

...but have no idea if it would work in Garageband. All I want is something to plug into my computer to record in piano/ synth stuff to accompony my guitar playing. Will this do the job? And if not, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need?

Thanks
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

"The attached USB cable simply plugs in to any available USB socket onyour computer and because the keyboard is Class compliant, installation is automatic in Windows XP and Mac OS X"

I'm guessing it'd work in Garageband. The software that comes with it on the other hand won't work on a Mac, as it's pretty clearly stated.

MushroomEdit: "Drivers have also been included for Windows 95/98/ME/2000 and Apple Mac OS 9.1 or later. Once installation hasbeen completed, the keyboard is ready to use with the included software or any standard music package."

Yeah, definitely works with GarageBand.

But think about what the poster below said.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Last edited by MushroomBomb at Feb 1, 2009,
Do you want like full piano parts or do you just want something that you can use for lead and basslines? do you want to be able to get fairly realistic piano sounds? are you used to playing a real piano?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
As stated in that very product's description:

The attached USB cable simply plugs in to any available USB socket onyour computer and because the keyboard is Class compliant, installation is automatic in Windows XP and Mac OS X

A MIDI controller in OS X will typically just work. You can even use your computer keyboard in Garageband. However, I strongly recommend a keytar. Just because.
You're*
ALWAYS ring GAK and ask if it is in stock first.

The bastards NEVER display stock on the website.
M-Audio Oxygen V2.

I have one, works great. Very solid as well.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Jackolas
ALWAYS ring GAK and ask if it is in stock first.

The bastards NEVER display stock on the website.

This is true.
RULE BRITANNIA
You can get the korg nano key, for 50-60 dollars,
and/or the other nano products

I love them
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Do you want like full piano parts or do you just want something that you can use for lead and basslines? do you want to be able to get fairly realistic piano sounds? are you used to playing a real piano?

Nope, I just want stuff to stick in the background of my music. Have little experience with the piano, so just wanted something cheap that i can practise on

Thanks for the comments
Quote by tubetime86

Quote by Stearner
Nope, I just want stuff to stick in the background of my music. Have little experience with the piano, so just wanted something cheap that i can practise on

Thanks for the comments

yeah then that one you linked should be ok untill you decide you need more features.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
This is true.

To be honest I was going to ask them WHY they don't - and that parts of their business need to get in the 21st Century and fast, especially if smaller sites manage it fine. Didn't want to get on their bad side though...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah then that one you linked should be ok untill you decide you need more features.

Thanks
Quote by tubetime86