I don't think so since they both would like to be "the boss" and use their own amplifier
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
WHAT are you wanting to do?

Plugging a tube amp into a combo (whats a combo, and where are you plugging stuff into?)

Your title makes as much sense as "Plugging an electric into an acoustic then using the tuners"

EDIT: ^^^ You know what he is talking about?
Quote by stangconv
WHAT are you wanting to do?

Plugging a tube amp into a combo (whats a combo, and where are you plugging stuff into?)

Your title makes as much sense as "Plugging an electric into an acoustic then using the tuners"

EDIT: ^^^ You know what he is talking about?

What I mean is I want to use a headphone for a tube head. If I get a cheep solid state then plug the head into that then plug the headphones into the line out, would that work?

EDIT: the solid state would have a balanced out EQ and no effects.
IF your 'tube amp' has a pre-amp out (also known as a slave output) you could put that into a power amp in of another amp. This is fairly standard. But putting into a straight input socket is an option if you keep things under control on the slave. I have done exactly that using my Yale as pre-amp and taking the slave out to a channel on my valve head. I got the range of tones of the Yale and the power of the tubes. Sweet! Doing the same in order to use a valve amp pre-amp and then through a little practice amp kinda defeats the object. If the practice amp is any good at all, you should get reasonable tones in the 'phones. Adding another pre-amp is more likely to muddy things up horribly even if the impedencies match enough to avoid blowing the lot out the window.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Thinking about getting a laney LX20, then sometime in the future, a 6505. I play metal so I'm looking for a decent distortion.
Quote by jacobparker
Thinking about getting a laney LX20, then sometime in the future, a 6505. I play metal so I'm looking for a decent distortion.

No, you can't do it - and even if you could it'd sound like balls. You'll probably blow one or both amps up , but even if it did work you wouldn't get the sound of the 6505 coming out of the litte amp, it'd clip to high heaven.

You want a good, giggable metal tube amp then get one, if you want something decent for headphone practicing then get something...one wont do the other no mater how hard you try.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Running the output of a tube amp into the input of a SS amp will blow both of them up. And the line out isnt a headphone jack. If you want tubes then dont expect a headphone jack. If you need headphones get a POD, vox amplug or something of the sort.
Actually I lied, some attenuators and load boxes give you a headphone output, but I doubt that's the simple, low-cost solution you were looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
IF I had my b-52 at212 and I went like so:

Guitar -> Input on b-52 -> FX send -> Input on solid state amp...

Would that work?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Ur trying to fit an elephant through a frontdoor;

In other words, it won't work. You will blow 1 or both amps up by doing that.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
No

Because....

How can it not work? The fx send on my amp is placed after the preamp...
if it can go into pedals doesn't that mean the signal is low enough to not destroy a pedal?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Because....

How can it not work? The fx send on my amp is placed after the preamp...
if it can go into pedals doesn't that mean the signal is low enough to not destroy a pedal?

I'm pretty much guessing here, but guessing is fun!

Tube amps need to have a load on them so that they don't blow up and catch on fire. If you run into a SS amp, which is not a cab, there is still no load on it, as the amp doesn't "ask" for signal like a speaker cabinet does. In addition, any signal that actually goes to the little amp will be much more then it can handle, and the little amp will either clip to hell or blow the speaker.
If your trying to get great tube tone thru headphones your wasting your time. The tube power amp and the speakers add alot to the overall tone. If you want to use headphones then play thru your SS.
just go from the FX send on the amp into a recording device, and download cabinet impulses. the head always has to have a sker load on it though
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
No no no... I'd never remove the speaker from the head.

Its like this

b-52 - > fx send -> little baby amp

But at the same time I'd lower the power level volume
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
There is a way to do this and make it sound great...however it will cost you some money.

Re-amp your guitar signal:
Speaker out>Palmer PDI03 (Dummy load)
Palmer PDI03>FX Chain
FX Chain>Mixer, Head phone amp, Stereo or any external amp that allows a line-in device.
Quote by BeerChurch
There is a way to do this and make it sound great...however it will cost you some money.

Re-amp your guitar signal:
Speaker out>Palmer PDI03 (Dummy load)
Palmer PDI03>FX Chain
FX Chain>Mixer, Head phone amp, Stereo or any external amp that allows a line-in device.

Yup, and you'll need a cab sim otherwise it'll sound like ass. I've used headphones on the lineout of my attenuator and it sound terrible, you're stilling missing the cab and speaker.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ah, wasn't familiar with that unit
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not