I have the EC-1000 here with me and although I don't have an amp atm (I heard it when I bought it) I'm holding it and stretching my fingers over the frets is a bit hard for me. I can still take it back for a refund. I like the feel of the RG but I like the EC sound better. I have not heard the soloist but I have an opportunity to get a used SL2 for the same price as the new EC-1000, so I'm considering it, though I don't know enough about it to seriously do so...

What do you guys think?
why dont u buy an amp first?

with that amount of money, u can get a good amp and a decent guitar
Keep it.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
id keep the EC-1000 cos after a while you'll get used to it but if you really dont like it get the one of the other two that you like the feel the best of
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
IMO go for the Ibanez
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
You bought a guitar that was that expensive without having an amp? Wtf?

Anyway,I'd go for the Ibanez and swap out the pups at a later date,but that's just personally preference on my part.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I ordered an amp I wanted which I listened to as a battered floor model. I see you guys aren't big fans of the soloist... Changing the pickups on the RG might be a good idea though! thanks!
I can get some bareknuckles for the Ibanez... Would an Ibanez with those beat the other 2? I wish I had a way to try the Soloist comfortably
Quote by Mosho2
I can get some bareknuckles for the Ibanez... Would an Ibanez with those beat the other 2? I wish I had a way to try the Soloist comfortably

I'd definitely take an Ibby with BKP's in it over the other two,but that's all personal preference.If the Ibanez feels the best to you then a pup swap is a great idea.I think it's better to buy a guitar because it feels and plays right to you instead of buying it because of tangible things like pickups and so on.Pups can be easy replaced,but neck and body characteristics are a who different story.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

see what condition the sl2h is cos there so nice

but your Ec1000 is a great guitar too
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
The Soloist is without a doubt the best out of these three. It's a whole other league. Go with that.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Soloists are sexy. So Soloist.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Yeah it's from 1996, Fender purchased Jackson in 2002. Should I take it to a guitar engineer or something?

The guy just emailed me the details:

This is a `96 Jackson SL2, built in Ontario, California, USA. I purchased it used, but in mint condition with all stock hardware. This particular guitar has yellow finish, with a maple neck running through a poplar body. The hardware is all chrome, and includes a Jackson JT580LP trem system, volume and tone controls, a three-way pickup toggle (Gibson-style) and Jackson tuners. The pickups are a Kent Armstrong JP-10 at the neck and Seymour Duncan at the bridge, with chrome mounting rings. There are 24 frets on the ebony fretboard, which has white binding and NO inlay -- side dots only. The Jackson logo is black, on the matching yellow headstock. The strap buttons are the typical HUGE Jackson style. A Jackson SKB case is included.
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 1, 2009,
The SL2 rapes the other two. If anything, if you don't like it after a while, you could resell it and buy either of the other ones with cash left over.

I wish that was for sale by me, cause I'd buy it without hesitation
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Feb 1, 2009,
It's all opinion. Some people won't like the RG because it's made of basswood and it's a more neutral wood. Some people don't like the way the Jackson sounds. Some people don't like the way the LTD feels. All preference.
Alright..... One final question. How hard is it to change tuning with a floyd rose? I never thought it was any different than tuning a floydless guitar, but I think I read otherwise, might have misunderstood though.
Quote by Mosho2
Alright..... One final question. How hard is it to change tuning with a floyd rose? I never thought it was any different than tuning a floydless guitar, but I think I read otherwise, might have misunderstood though.

Depends on how much you're changing the tuning. If you're going from E standard to Drop D you can do it without much hassle. Anything more and you'll probably be looking at adjusting the spring tension in the trem cavity.
It's not hard once you learn to set it up yourself, which I strongly suggest doing. I think it's best to have a trem set up in one tuning for good, and then have other guitars to do the same to. This way you don't have the hassle of changing tunings, and you can instead change guitars. I know alot of people aren't able to do this, I do it because I only really play in two tunings and have two main guitars, and I keep each in one of those tunings. No matter what tuning your switch to/from, you'll have to do some adjusting to get it set up the way you prefer it. Everybody makes it seam much harder than what it really is, although it is kind of time consuming.

Really, the guitar is all preferance. I do think however that the Jackson would probably be the best choice for the money, and it will hold its value. From the discription you've given earlier in the thread, it sounds like a lovely instrument, and if I had a shot at something like that I'd be all over it. You have to consider that each of them have there differences, but all can be used for metal. Just because they can all be used for metal dosn't necasarily mean that you'll like each of them though.
Yeah ok, I'll take all that into consideration Thanks.

About that Gibson, the description he gave me, I now found out (<3 google) is compied out of a harmony central review. He changed a few things to make it relevant... But even though the pickups are different, it still says that it's stock hardware.... Sounds fishy, doesn't it? dunno if I can trust him...

This is a `96 Jackson SL2, built in Ontario, California, USA. I purchased it used, but in mint condition with all stock hardware. This particular guitar has black finish, with a maple neck running through a poplar body. The hardware is all chrome, and includes a Jackson JT580LP trem system, volume and tone controls, a three-way pickup toggle (Gibson-style) and Jackson tuners. The pickups are a Kent Armstrong JP-10/11 humbucker set, with chrome mounting rings. There are 24 frets on the ebony fretboard, which has black binding and NO inlay -- side dots only. The Jackson logo is white, on the black headstock. The strap buttons are the typical HUGE Jackson style. An SKB case was included.

That's the original...
Is this craigslist or something else? If you have a chance to meet the guy face to face and actually play the guitar first, then theres nothing to worry about.
Yeah but I barely know anything about it and am afraid I would be easy to fool, not saying that someone is necessarily after fooling me.

I got another update I could replace the RG1570 with an RGA121 for its better bridge, neck(I think), and lack of a middle pickup I don't really need. Or an RGA321 used for the same price as the RGA121, and the other 2 guitars.
Do some research and see how the date the guitar by the serial number. Then ask the guy for the serial number on the guitar.
The soloist.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
So.. Would you guys say that the Soloist is at the same level of higher ESP/Ibby guitars like an eclipse/horizon, or an rga321f?

Edit:

The guy said that he changed the bridge Kent Armstrong to a Sd on the Soloist.
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 2, 2009,