So my dad asked me to find him a keyboard, which he's gonna learn how to play on.
I was thinking maybe a Yamaha, but I really have no idea about keyboard brands
What is a good beginner keyboard? budget is around 60£, so it's gonna be used.
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Feb 1, 2009,
Does he want to play keyboard or piano?
Big difference.
If piano get a weighted key one, doesn't have to be anything fancy.
And yeah, Yamaha are good for beginners.
hello
Whats your price range? and what sort of music does your dad enjoy? Yamaha are pretty good for beginner keyboards however they do feel a little cheap to play on.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
He doesn't think he's gonna play piano afterwards
SIGNATURE
Hang on, on a £60 budget, all you're going to get a a steaming piece of excrement.
hello
Cheap keyboards are crap, I suggest you to save more. I have a cheap Farfisa keyboard and it sounds bad... also I can't press more than 6 notes at the same time.
Quote by Poglia
Cheap keyboards are crap, I suggest you to save more. I have a cheap Farfisa keyboard and it sounds bad... also I can't press more than 6 notes at the same time.

Really? Ew.
remember he wants a used one + he has never played an instrument before, so it doesn't have to sound very good
SIGNATURE
He's now thinking maybe an electronic organ is better than a keyboard for the price, I have no idea about organs, but I would presume it would generaly be cheaper than a keyboard, right?

EDIT: ... more expensive than a keyboard..
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by KaFuCh
He's now thinking maybe an electronic organ is better than a keyboard for the price, I have no idea about organs, but I would presume it would generaly be cheaper than a keyboard, right?

Wrong.

It sounds like your dad just wants to learn AN instrument, in which case, he should try something fairly cheap.
hello
Quote by opc100
Wrong.

It sounds like your dad just wants to learn AN instrument, in which case, he should try something fairly cheap.

oops.. i actually meant that the keyboards would be cheaper
SIGNATURE
um, i guess some of the top brands is ROLAND, and KORG, and yeah Yamaha, but then again im not a keyboardist, im only really offering what i know haha. They would obviously do beginner to very expensive pro stuff. I think a lot of the keyboards these days have inbuilt tutorials in them too, and even crap ones can do a whole bunch of cool stuff.

buuuuutttttt i guess thats an outline, im sure some more people will have better specifics.

Fire away Pit
Last edited by bassinbrad at Feb 1, 2009,