I've been all over the web on Ebay, on Kijiji (Canadian "Craigslist"), actual guitar vendor sites, ETC.
I plan to build a Tele with some wood that had fallen on my property. I started with pricing the parts separately, then realized I'm better off buying a mock-tele and using the neck, parts, ETC. to build this.
I have a chance at buying a Jay Turser tele new, an SX tele new, or a J&D (Jack and Danny) tele used but in apparent mint, for around the same $$$.
Was wondering what people here think would be the best way to go (???).

Sidenote: It'd probably be cool to have "poll threads" for this kind of thing, on here.
For example, "BEST LES PAUL COPIES", with a list of the best known, so someone could feel out a purchase...just a thought...

Thanks for any help.
Doug.
thats going to give you awful chinese quality hardware. if yyou need quality machined japan milled parts i recommend allparts, i can even snag you a discount. shipping a box of parts to canada usually runs me about 10 bucks.
Quote by LP Addict
thats going to give you awful chinese quality hardware. if yyou need quality machined japan milled parts i recommend allparts, i can even snag you a discount. shipping a box of parts to canada usually runs me about 10 bucks.

Thanks for the gracious offer. My thing is, I don't have much $ to spend, and a neck by itself looks to cost what a whole (cheap) guitar is priced at. Quality can come later, as this is a really only project, where I can say "I built this body from a tree that was right over there". I've got a decent fender strat already and so for now cheap IS the answer. I will have the option afterwards to pick at the worst of the parts and replace them.
Thanks again though for the offer.

(Any idea from the three I named which would best serve me???)

Thanks, Doug.
How long ago did the tree fall? You won't be able to use it if it isn't dry.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
How long ago did the tree fall? You won't be able to use it if it isn't dry.

I'm looking at between 18 months and 2 years now...but I certainly won't waste time cutting and shaping until I'm sure she's ready to go...Doug.