Hello

My name is Andy Brick. I am the director of a music program at a small university in the immediate NYC Metro area

We are currently looking for a guitar instructor to teach 2 or 3 days. In addition to having a solid foundation in traditional classical guitar technique, it is very important that our guitar instructor be able to incorporate more contemporary styles and techniques including those found in rock, Jazz, Metal etc. The instructor must be able to maintain the highest rapport with students in both private and small group lessons.

As well, the department has a strong technological focus. Every student receives a computer, Mbox2, Protools, Finale, and Garritan upon entering the program their freshman year. Our ideal instructor would incorporate these tools into the curriculum.

Although a minimum B.A. or B.M. is highly desired, we are equally willing to consider non degreed candidates that possess extraordinary professional experience.

As this is an exploratory search, I apologize for my inability to provide specific deails within this posting.

If you would like to be considered for this position and/or would like to know more about this position, please contact

Professor Andy Brick

Thank you and kind regards