In early January we bought a brand new Dean ML X for my birthday. I have played it quite a bit since then and everything was great.
Then one day i hooked it up and everything was going fine until i tried to put the pickup selector on the neck pickup and i got no sound. I turned up the amp and found that i was getting very very muffled quiet sound, which was clean even while on a distorted effect.
So, whats wrong with my guitar? I could take it back to Guitar Center and exchange it but thats a two hour drive from here and i dont kno when we will have a chance to go out there before the 30 days is over.

Thanks in advance for replies.
Is the non-responsive pickup a box pickup or another type of pickup that uses a preamp, because if it is then the battery has most likely run out - It sounds stupid that a battery would run out on a guitar, but Ive seen it happen a few times.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
Is the non-responsive pickup a box pickup or another type of pickup that uses a preamp, because if it is then the battery has most likely run out - It sounds stupid that a battery would run out on a guitar, but Ive seen it happen a few times.

This guitar does not have a battery
the pickup might have become disconnected from the selector switch... fixing it requires some soldering skills, so if you don't know anything about guitar wiring you should wait to go back to guitar center and get it fixed...