by the looks of things on the behringer website

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1622FX.aspx

u get a separate box that tales outputs from the mixer and it has a usb connection. could be wrong tho.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
DigiTech XDD DigiDelay
Cort Z22 Zenox with IronGear Alchemist 90 pickups
Ibanez Talman TCY50
Stagg BC300 Bass

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.
They come with an external usb soundcard with 2in/2out RCA connections. It's terrible quality and wouldn't bother.

Especially for 200 euros!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Ow okay thank you very much :p

(sry i'm french) >>willieturnip>> you mean it's a good mixing table right ?

and btw I assume the cables are provided with it ? ^^
No I mean its bad! NOT GOOD..
I had (and still have just in case) the 1204fx and it was terrible quality.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Probably, but it can only transfer the stereo master via usb.

Look for something that is USB 2.0 (or later, if it exists..) that can stream all the channels independently.

Do you have to have a mixing desk, could you use a regular interface instead. You can get much better quality for the money if you don't need the desk functionality.

What about firewire?
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
what do you need from your mixer? soundcard included? preamps? number of channels? eq? aux's?
Well, i'm a kinda newbie in recording stuffs.. I'm gonna tell ya exactly what i'm looking for...

This is my story :

I'm both a fiddler and a guitarist. M y Violin is "electrified" with a small piezo mic. i'd like to get some stuffs so that I could record myself with a good sound quality, for I aim at publishing the music I record on Internet [mostly folk songs and metal riffs].

As for the guitar effects, i'm gonna have in a few days a ZOOM G7.1ut. On my comp, I do have Cubase LE (btw in fact i'd like to ahve each channel recorded separately on my computer, thx for having me notice that ). The money I have for this project is about 370€ (maximum).

And i'm gonna buy a Shure SM58 in order to record my voice too.

Well, take care, things are getting complicated now ^^ :
i'm playing in a band as a guitarist & singer. We're playing folk/pagan black metal stuffs. So there is 2 guitars, a singer, a drummer and a flutist (who is actually ampllified with a SM58-like mic.. we can't have another one atm).
So I'd like a lot to be able to use my recording stufs both for my "solo" project and for my band (so that we could record demos or so...)

This is it ^^ ...

as I said earlier I'm a kinda newbie with recording, so I'm basically lost in all the informations I may find... For instance, I've had a look at this thing : http://www.thomann.de/fr/lexicon_omega_studio.htm but I dunno how many instruments I may record at the same time, you see ? some line inputs might be linked together, or so ^^ .. so I just don't know what to choose... :X

I hope you'll be able to give me some cool advices :p

EDIT : I wanna use these stuffs on my laptop, so I need to ahve either a USB or a FireWire output on the recording device... I only have a mic input on my laptop ^^

Ty by advance
Val'
Last edited by Valenten at Feb 1, 2009,
a mixer with between 8-16 channel inputs and at least 4 outputs, the more the better obviously, would be your starting point. you can use this mixer both live and for recording. from your mixers outputs you want to get those signals into your computer. so an interface with at least 4 inputs going to your computer via usb or firewire, since you mention you have a laptop you need to have an external interface.

this way you can get away with recording drums which are the instruments that require the most channels. two mics for overheads, left and right, and one for both kick and snare. if you manage to find a mixer with more outputs and an interface with more inputs you can add more mics if you'd like. having it setup like that allows you to track each instrument seperatly into cubase.

that's what I would be looking for if I were to do it. look for old used analog mixers, they can go for pretty cheap. just be sure you get the amounts of outputs you need.
Check out phonic helix boards.

I have one of the firewire desks and they haul ass for the money.

24bit/96khz, pretty nice preamps, plenty of flexibility.

You can get a 24 channel version too .
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
Check out phonic helix boards.

I have one of the firewire desks and they haul ass for the money.

24bit/96khz, pretty nice preamps, plenty of flexibility.

You can get a 24 channel version too .

those do look good. what prices are they running nowadays?
Phonic Helix Board 12 FireWire MKII - £195.00

Phonic Helix Board 18 FireWire MKII - £420.00

Phonic Helix Board 24 FireWire MKII - £474.69

The 24 is next on my list. Definitely the best value. It's big enough to use as a proper mixer too. And it's got 4 subgroups!

The 12 is a really good starting point though.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)