Hey, can anyone tell me a name of a free recording program that i could use on my laptop to record my own songs. If you could that would be a great help, Thanks.
Quote by JiMbOb= < )
audacity

This will probably do for a beginner, it's very simple and quite basic.

Personally I'd just find a torrent of Adobe Audition or Cubase and get that.
But saying that, I started out with Audacity to, it's good for learning the basics of audio editing & recording.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
K thanks i shall check it out, thanks
You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
- John Lennon

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.
- John Lennon
give the power of ur laptop.

Does it have a "true" soundcard/interface.

A lot of laptops use on board chips, which won't do.

Also memory + cpu power.

It takes a lot of cpu, or else the sound u record will be record with a delay (you play a note, but you hear the note a second later)

Audio also takes up alot of memory, unless you delete everything immediately after that you're not going to use, cause 1 minute of recording can easily be
6 - 12 mb depending on recording quality, which will add up fast.

A separate harddrive with at least 50 GB will do (or less if you only want to record a few songs)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 2, 2009,
Ok, thanks I shall check those out thanks
You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
- John Lennon

You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.
- John Lennon
Audacity is really good but it can be a little confusing. You could try Krystal too, it's more basic but it's not as good.
Check out Reaper you can download it for free and the free trial never ends. It is much better than audacity.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off