Page 1 of 3
I know theres a bunch of threads about these experiances but i just need to vent

Yesterday i was going to GC with my friend to get his 1st amp (just started playing) So first we look for a cable to buy. That's done with. Then we go to the amps. We realize that theres no cables to try out the amps and guitars with. So i go up to the clerk and ask "Hey, could u please lend me a cable because theres none for the amps and my friend needs to try some out" He gets all pissy and was like "make sure to bring your own cable next time" I walk away with the borrowed cable thinkin "WTF why do i need to bring my own cable?" Ive been goin theres for about 3 years and theyve never told me this.

So i first try out a vyper for my friend. The same clerk comes over and is like "dude, the vyper? I wouldnt suggest that. Come over by the Marshall Mg's and Line 6's, then we'll set up a good deal for ur friend" I said "Listen buddy, i know those amps are crap, and u probably get more commission for selling them, but he wants the vyper and i KNOW for a fact they're better." He walks away and when my friend buys the amp the clerks like "Dont come cryin when this thing breaks and u gotta buy a line 6 because its SOOO much better" And my friend just says "I dont know **** but those sounded like crap dude f off"

Ugh salesmen
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Last edited by John5rules125 at Feb 1, 2009,
Want to mess with that guy? Go back to GC and rewire all the amp heads to each other's different cabs. My friends did that once, and we had a Marshall 2266 playing through JVM Cabinets six feet down the row. Also had a JVM Head playing through VK speakers and a Peavey VK head playing through the 425 cabs The guy who was tuning up the guitars was ****ing freaking out trying to figure out what was going on. It was hilarious
^ Holy sh!t thats such a good idea!

I might have to do that
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
dude go to sam ash if they have it in your state, i bought my guitar and amp from guitar center and when ever i go there there is always a bunch of punks in there with bad attitudes. in sam ash they will give you honest professional opinions, one of the reasons i play DR strings. try it out its awesome
thats def not typical, pretty much a case of an asshole salesman who hates his job....I've never had problems with them, aside from the occasional guy trying to get you to buy out of ur price range
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Want to mess with that guy? Go back to GC and rewire all the amp heads to each other's different cabs. My friends did that once, and we had a Marshall 2266 playing through JVM Cabinets six feet down the row. Also had a JVM Head playing through VK speakers and a Peavey VK head playing through the 425 cabs The guy who was tuning up the guitars was ****ing freaking out trying to figure out what was going on. It was hilarious

WIN
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
if you've been goin there for years go back and claim how crap the service was and threaten not to go back
if the employees there are anything like the most the ones I know, they'll just be like "Whatever, **** off bitch" and go play some horrible rendition of Metallica on a Custom Shop LP.
sounds like a complete mess of horse****. I am willing to bet this whole story is false
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i've never been to guitar centre dont even know if theres any in england

but i did go to autys music shop(now its closed)
the guy there was always happy to have a customer he gave eveeryone honest opinions aswell i ****ing loved that shop

that salesman is bad
sue him
i bet if some tried selling him an mg or line 6 he'd be like no.....or he might say yes
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Yeah, I've had some real cool guys help me out at Guitar Center, there are pissy people working at any store.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Even if the service sucks, dont be a **** to the clerks.

I work in a guitar store, it's not a chain one, but when a customer gets pissy with me, i just tell them to leave, cos we're people too, and we get payed extra to shift certain products.

Sadly, we only stock **** Marshalls these days, and a couple of Blackstars.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I wouldn't have gone for a cheaper amp 'cus it's the worst thing that can fail on you - But, the salesman shouldn't have been such a dick.

'Cus I live in a **** town that's got more people who are 17th generation inbreds than guitarists, my local music store is fairly terrible. Half of the guitars are second hand, the people who work there are losers with no customers but they're still snobs (somehow) and if you mention any sort of heavy guitar (BC Rich, Esp etc...) they get all twitchy and afraid and tell you off for not liking folk music and indie... so you don't have alot to complain about in comparison with the ****e I have to put up with.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
The thing about samash is that theyve been doing the "bring ur own cable" or hiding the cables behind the clerks counter. The other GC which is farther away, maybe like 45 minutes compared to 25 minutes of driving. I think im just gonna go there from now on.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
The only thing big stores like that are good for is trying out ****; you have to research it on your own, and buy it elsewhere. Recently a salesman tried to convince me that Electro Harmonix pedals are known for their unreliability and to get a Boss reverb instead of the Holy Grail
Ive bought a **** ton of stuff from GuitarCenter of the past few years and ive never had an experience like that. ive found that for the most part the people who work there are just really stupid rather than dicks. most of the sales men just want the commission and the only thing you really want them for is to twist their balls into giving you a lower price.
^The other one i go to has really nice people, but i only went to this one yesterday because it was a closer drive and me and my friend needed to be somewhere. But sometimes (like yesterday) the salesmen are dicks.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by GustavoGonzalez
dude go to sam ash if they have it in your state, i bought my guitar and amp from guitar center and when ever i go there there is always a bunch of punks in there with bad attitudes. in sam ash they will give you honest professional opinions, one of the reasons i play DR strings. try it out its awesome

+1
I got my guitar at Sam Ash. Salesman was awesome. I've never had a problem in that store. In GC the guy wouldn't even give me a ****ing pick! Sam Ash is way better than GC anyday.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
^That used to be the case. When i bought my ESP LTD there the salesmen couldnt be any nicer.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by awesomeness
+1
I got my guitar at Sam Ash. Salesman was awesome. I've never had a problem in that store. In GC the guy wouldn't even give me a ****ing pick! Sam Ash is way better than GC anyday.

That's why I always bring my own pick. Even if they accuse me of stealing a pick, they know it's mnine because none of the picks their look like mine (pics if interested)
Thats because that's what they have to do.

Ever try working or know anyone who works at a GC?

They HAVE to make a certain commision or they get fired
and they HAVE to push for specific things to meet their requirements.

Granted I know they usually can be much nicer, and they usually ignore you if you're not spending atleast 900 dollars
but that is at least why they push towards certain things
and usually more expensive things.

They dont have much of a choice if they want to keep their job.

There, now you have another reason to have GC
they treat their own employees liek **** too
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Sounds like workin at a GameStop lol
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Lol ive heard bad stuff about GameStop, friend used to work there.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I highly doubt this story is true. Either way, all chains have a few bad employees, get over it. Guitar Center as a whole does not suck because of that one pissy idiot whom I doubt exists, and to denounce ever entering another one because of that would be immeasurably stupid.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I am only saying this because ive been going there for quite a while and this struck me as strange and kinda pissed me off.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Lol ive heard bad stuff about GameStop, friend used to work there.

There was one cool chick there, which made it bearable until I almost went insane. Other than that, it's the usual assortment of WoW nerds and emo guitar hero wannabes. I admit, I'm not much better considering my addiction to Gears of War (hallelujah) but yeah, at least I can still function in modern society without ****ting my pants

What is it about gamer girls that makes them so ****in hott, but that same addiction turns guys into complete ogres?
They do but last time i did it it was kinda hard to find on their site, but that was a whie ago
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Weird what you guys say about Sam Ash. There's no one who's an asshole there, but theres one guy who keeps trying to push me into sales and stealing the cable I'm borrowing, and another who's just downright creepy. At GC, they all seem fairly cool and help out. Granted, they're still a little pushy, but that's their job. They don't go too far trying to get you to buy something.
Daddy's Junky Music FTW Daddy's is a lot better than guitar center but I like all the mom and pop shops around boston better. Also I think Daddy's is a northeast only thing.
UG's Prodigal Son
told them i was looking for a guitar primarily for jazz, but i also enjoy rock and blues occasionally and they attempted to sell me a Les Paul. I quickly found an ES-359 on my own.

EDIT: I've never bought stuff at Daddy's--aside from a gig bad-- but i was in Boston this summer for a while and went there ALOT to just try stuff out and they were chill with like hordes of kids from the berklee summer program trying stuff out and not buying it (or buying something like a melodica). Daddy's FTW indeed.
Last edited by tehREALcaptain at Feb 1, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']That's why I always bring my own pick. Even if they accuse me of stealing a pick, they know it's mnine because none of the picks their look like mine (pics if interested)
interested.
UG's Prodigal Son
There's a nice little shop near my house, and all the employees are polite at least. Only problem is that they don't have a whole lot of stuff, maybe not more than 7 or 8 metal guitars (1 model each) in total?

First time I went, I asked to try a Rhoads. He got it down for me, got me a cable, told me what model it was, and talked me out of trying it out on a Spider III (yes I was a noob then) and had me plug into a Vyper. Very helpful guy. He helped me adjust the amp settings too, to get the best sound, since I had no clue how to work that amp.

2nd time...I wanted to try that same Rhoads...I asked the guy "hey can you get me that rhoads there?" He goes and gets me a Dinky. And later, I asked for the Ibanez S series (there was only 1 there), and he's like ??? so I had to walk up to it and point right at it...
Found out theres a mom and pop shop by me...gonna check it out
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
i have a music store like 2 blocks from my house. Its technically a music store but 99% of the stuff there is for guitars so its more like a guitar store. All the stuff ther is lightly used but in great condition and the guy who works there is really cool. i love that place.
RE!
SPECT!
WALK!

What'd you say?!
Well i bought a guitar from gc, and it had termites. That pissed me off, other than that i have decent experiences going to gc.
Peace be thy journey
hm.. i've never been referred an mg or spider. the guy told me to buy a frontman or a vox valvetronix. well.. that salesman is wack. never seent hat before
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by quam
Well i bought a guitar from gc, and it had termites. That pissed me off, other than that i have decent experiences going to gc.

seriously man? I've never heard of that in my life. That's fricken crazy. What model was it.
UG's Prodigal Son
Page 1 of 3