Page 1 of 2
Hey so I live in New York and someday I wanna move to London. I was just wandering (since I don't know anyone who lives in London), what are some of the main differences between the 2 cities? Like, is there as much crime in London as there is in New York? Do you think it would be possible for an American to be a police officer in London (I plan on being a cop). Thanks!
You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking...
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Get used to the reall freedom of EU...

Just In case keep a syringe filled whit liquified Dukes of hazzards,so if you get shocked by the Awesoemnes just inject it.

WTF iam i talking about
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Feb 1, 2009,
Cause I hate America now and how I'm always constantly around low-lifes who always start trouble and all have the same story "well my mom beat me when I was a kid". Also middle class whites such as myself are becoming history here. Anyway, that's not for discussion just please answer my question.
Quote by KileManA7X
Cause I hate America now and how I'm always constantly around low-lifes who always start trouble and all have the same story "well my mom beat me when I was a kid". Also middle class whites such as myself are becoming history here. Anyway, that's not for discussion just please answer my question.

Well Why London?
Judging by what you just said you might as well end up as a Chav??
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
dude from what i hear (i too haven't been to england let alone london) there in as much of a hole as we are. it's not just america that is going down, the entire international economy is going down.

and things are more expenisve there, if you convert euros to dollars it was like 6 dollars for a gallon of gas there before the whole economy plummet. i also heard simple things like eggs, milk, etc is twice as expensive as it is here.
Guitars:
1991 Fender American Stratocaster
2008 Dean Ml '79

Amps:
Egnater Tweaker
Fender G-DEC 15

Pedals:
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop 535Q Chrome Series Wah
MXR Dyna Comp
Ibanez TS-808
America's a big place. There's a lot more to it than just New York.

And there are scumbags wherever you go. Don't think you can just move away from crime, especially if you plan on moving to London.

Saying that, London is a pretty big city and possibly one of the most diverse places you could go to; culturally, racially and even just in terms of quality of living. You could be in the massively crowded city centre or a quieter place on the outskirts. It's also quite an expensive place to move to. Property there isn't cheap.

Really, there's no one answer to your question. It all depends on where exactly you're going.
Quote by Deanwings79
dude from what i hear (i too haven't been to england let alone london) there in as much of a hole as we are. it's not just america that is going down, the entire international economy is going down.

and things are more expenisve there, if you convert euros to dollars it was like 6 dollars for a gallon of gas there before the whole economy plummet. i also heard simple things like eggs, milk, etc is twice as expensive as it is here.

It's not that that bugs me it's all the gangs and violence and crime here. I wanna move where there are more people like me.

Quote by Snake_42
America's a big place. There's a lot more to it than just New York.

And there are scumbags wherever you go. Don't think you can just move away from crime, especially if you plan on moving to London.

Saying that, London is a pretty big city and possibly one of the most diverse places you could go to; culturally, racially and even just in terms of quality of living. You could be in the massively crowded city centre or a quieter place on the outskirts. It's also quite an expensive place to move to. Property there isn't cheap.

Really, there's no one answer to your question. It all depends on where exactly you're going.

I know, I've lived in LA and Chicago too they're all the same to me.
Last edited by KileManA7X at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by Deanwings79

We don't use Euros, idiot.

London is damn expensive though, but it's a cracking city. Sure it's got bad bits and good bits but I love it.
Quote by filthandfury
Seeing as you're not British, they're in fact more likely to give you the job.

How is that so?
I hate new york, but I live in london and absolutely love it. I've been all around the world and london is probably my favorite city, and new york is probably my least favorite.

on a side note... i personally hate the majority of london cops.
Quote by filthandfury
Seeing as you're not British, they're in fact more likely to give you the job.

*prepares for wildca-oh wait.
NOPE.
You're not more likely to get a job for not being British, don't listen to these people. Positive discrimination isn't legal here, all that happens is they try to make sure than in job applications under-represneted demographics are.. represented.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Also London is so close to Sweden and so many other countries. A trip in the US would be from NY to Washington DC or Boston. What I want to know in particular is what are some of the main differences between the 2 cities besides the access to Europe? Is there any?
This is a quote about my city, Columbus Georgia

For 2006, (see areaConnect.com) Columbus had an overall crime rate of 7,850.6 per 100,000 residents; this exceeds the national average of 4,479.3 crimes per 100,000 people by 75%. By way of comparison, New York City's overall crime rate was 2,517.1 per 100,000 residents.

And me and no one I know has even been effect by this "huge" amount of crime, so I don't see how NYC is so bad crime-wise it is impossible to live there. 2,517:100,000 is probably one of the best in the country.
Quote by meh!
You're not more likely to get a job for not being British, don't listen to these people. Positive discrimination isn't legal here, all that happens is they try to make sure than in job applications under-represneted demographics are.. represented.

stands corrected
Quote by KileManA7X
It's not that that bugs me it's all the gangs and violence and crime here. I wanna move where there are more people like me.

Well if you're looking for middle class white people, try another city in the south, not London (unless you are loaded and can move to a nice part). Oxford was nice when I went there, and Bath and Devon.
I live in NYC, I'm middle class white. I have never experienced crime (personally... I have heard stories from friends/family). NYC rules.
Quote by KileManA7X

Well if all you want to do is get away from violence then just move to a small city. Big cities like New york, Chicago and LA are bound to have higher levels of violence.

Also no offence to any Brits but judging form these forums(I don't know any brits in real life) they seem very cynical.
Bath is probably the nicest city in Britain (though I'd imagine it's quite expensive too, though probably not as much as London) You should look into going there instead, it'll seem one hell of a lot smaller than NY and London, but it's a nice place with an interesting history behind it.
Quote by KileManA7X

to be fair england isnt any better america and england run on similar basis...the only real diffrence is that you have sunshine and we have rain ...and clouds. if i was gunna move id go to canada or australia they have a better government.
You're silly, naive and misinformed- do some research before you enter our 'cosmopolitan utopia', k?
Quote by Masamune
Well if all you want to do is get away from violence then just move to a small city. Big cities like New york, Chicago and LA are bound to have higher levels of violence.

Also no offence to any Brits but judging form these forums(I don't know any brits in real life) they seem very cynical.

Oh yes we are cynical. I have no problem with it though to be honest it's one of the things i love about being english.

Also it depends on where you live if you want a crime free area. Some places you could walk around anytime and others be beaten up just for walking around.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Feb 1, 2009,
you'll get stabbed
Quote by diofan88
I lol'd hard

Quote by tattyreagh
That's terrible and hilarious in equal measures...

theyre talking about my comment
Quote by KileManA7X

Of course. you tried LA and chicago. not the best cities either. if you dont like america just **** off. your gonna deal with crime wherever you go so stop being a bitch and deal with it. obviously millions of other people do.
in london everyone drives on the left, eats crumpets and tea all day long and they all walk like this

It is a silly place.
Quote by fearofthemark
don't go. the london police wear gay poofy red hats and aren't allowed to move.

I seriously hope that is a joke.
Quote by fearofthemark
don't go. the london police wear gay poofy red hats and aren't allowed to move.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Replace all the black people with white people trying to be black and you have London.

Innit, Brah.

Come to Scotland anyway man, you will have a good time.
Last edited by DegaMeth at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
in london everyone drives on the left, eats crumpets and tea all day long and they all walk like this

It is a silly place.

he's not wrong but... is this really what you want?
england can be pretty hard to live in, the weather is terrible all the time, the government is useless, if you've got no job, you'll find it hard to get any support etc. people also don't seem to like americans as much here so you'd have to learn to change your accent to scottish or australian.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
My suggestion: Move to the suburbs. Unless you WANT to stay in the city. In that case, crime is something you'll just have to deal with.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Page 1 of 2