ok so im gonna start saving up for a new (better) guitar
the guitars i have at the moment are ok but are damaged alot and sometimes they are really annoying
so im gonna hope to start saving up and in a longish time have about £300 - £500

and im interested in alot of guitars at the moment
some of them are:
Ibanez RGR420EX-SAR
Ibanez RG320PG
Ibanez MTM2
a few dean vendettas
Dean ML Phantom/Noir XT
theres alot more but those are teh main ones

i was just wondering if anyone knows if those guitars are any good?
also if you know any good guitars around the £300-£500
i like metal and thinish necks(they're yummy)
uh...thanks in advance....
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Feb 1, 2009,
Instead of deans, look at schecters. The C-1 Plus is good. So is the Tempest
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Instead of deans, look at schecters. The C-1 Plus is good. So is the Tempest

I forgot to add schecters to the list!
Yeah i've heard they're really good and i've found a few i like aswell

and is rape a good thing for a guitar?

stop buying guitars. u have too many for ur own good. and no amps for that matter (ur amps arent considered amps, sorry)

u already have decent (ish, depends on whos judging) guitars. so u should save up some more money and invest in an amp.

btw, yes, some people say u cant have too many guitars, but u really shouldnt be wasting ur money on sub-standard guitars
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Looking at ur gear, get a new amp. For your own sake ur amps suck. Spend the money on a cheap tube and you'll b fine.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by kai2demax
stop buying guitars. u have too many for ur own good. and no amps for that matter (ur amps arent considered amps, sorry)

u already have decent (ish, depends on whos judging) guitars. so u should save up some more money and invest in an amp.

btw, yes, some people say u cant have too many guitars, but u really shouldnt be wasting ur money on sub-standard guitars

i might get rid of one or two
at the moment i have four
two fake kinda things
and a jackson and b.c. rich
also i bought rp to improve the sound on my amp
And my parents wont let me get a louder amp...in fact i dont even think they'll let me get a new one

Im buying a new guitar soon mate, ive played a canny few, but yet the only one i feel happy with, as its comfortable to play and sounds good, is the Ibanez Sas32ex.
Ive played the Rg350dx and Rg420eg (spider), but i wasnt too happy with the feel of the neck although it is slightly, thinner than the Sas32ex, by about 1mm i think
I also tried some sort of Jackson Dinky, i was happy with the feel and the sound, but then i plugged in the Sas32ex in the same amp and straight away i thought Fk Jackson
I personally recommend the Ibanez Sas32ex even though ive only played it in the shop, but soon should own it =]
Heres a pic, looks better in real life i think

Black: http://www.ibanez.com/images/finalzoom/SAS32EXBK.jpg
White: http://www.ibanez.com/images/finalZoom/SAS32EXWH.jpg

The one i played was black, hope this helps =D
I'm pretty sure he means the RGs rape all the other guitars. IDK. Schecters are good though.

Dude, you have an MG, get a new amp first. Any guitar is gonna be crap through an MG. Get a nice amp THEN look into a new guitar, amp > guitar 90% of the time.
Oh....yeah parents can be like that. Heres what you do. SELL your marshall mg. Then use the money to buy either a peavy vyper or a Vox da5 or possibly some cheap Blackheart. All im saying is sell your amp and get something either just as or not as loud, but it will sound SOOOO much better
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Sooo glad to see someone mentioned a peavey vypyr, ive ordered a 30 watt one from GAK but they dont have them instock at the min, should be expecting it to arive in about 1 week
Quote by John5rules125
Oh....yeah parents can be like that. Heres what you do. SELL your marshall mg. Then use the money to buy either a peavy vyper or a Vox da5 or possibly some cheap Blackheart. All im saying is sell your amp and get something either just as or not as loud, but it will sound SOOOO much better

i'll try that

at the moment my amp is o.k as i only house practise and all that.
i heard peavey vypers are pretty awesome aswell aah what i might do is save up money around £300 or as much as i can then find an amp i like
then sell my amp, then maybe my b.c rich
then i may have enough to spend on a new amp and maybe a new guitar

Quote by padgea7x
i'll try that

at the moment my amp is o.k as i only house practise and all that.
i heard peavey vypers are pretty awesome aswell aah what i might do is save up money around £300 or as much as i can then find an amp i like
then sell my amp, then maybe my b.c rich
then i may have enough to spend on a new amp and maybe a new guitar

no!! bad boy! buy tube amp. ur guitars are fine. u dont need to spend more money getting **** guitars. also, out of curiousity... where is this money u have declared coming from?
Member of the Laney Cult

Actually yeah find a cheap tube amp with money from sold Marshall Mg. Trust me its sooo worth it
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by kai2demax
right, and ur parents let u have a crappy hairdo dw, just get a tube amp and tell them its only rated 15 watts (believe me, 15 watts is loud (tube at least)) and it'll make u better (tone is god!!!! ). besides, u just need to practice more and get serious. my parents didnt like my amp (30 watts... not loud huh?) but i got it anyways. why? cos they trust me and i dont wear wierd clothing (im sorry, but i have to take the piss out of u )and regardless of what settings ur rp is on, its still gonna sound really really bad. so invest properly

i do have a crappy hair do......
but my parents where dead set against this mg for the 30 watts
so get a tube amp basically?
any good suggestions....are the peavey vyper one tubes? ( i am soooo dumb i need guitar knowledge!)

Nope they are not.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by kai2demax
no!! bad boy! buy tube amp. ur guitars are fine. u dont need to spend more money getting **** guitars. also, out of curiousity... where is this money u have declared coming from?

the money is going to come from birthdays,easter, xmas (im trying to save up for like a long time so like 2 years :O) and from the money i get each week........which is only like £5

Quote by padgea7x
i do have a crappy hair do......
but my parents where dead set against this mg for the 30 watts
so get a tube amp basically?
any good suggestions....are the peavey vyper one tubes? ( i am soooo dumb i need guitar knowledge!)

read the sticky at the start of the forum. all the info u need is there. and tell ur parents that 2x more wattage does not mean 2x louder. its only (i think) 1.25x louder. so its marginally louder. and dont, for the love of god (since ur parents are against volume) that tube wattage is 10x higher than solid state.
Member of the Laney Cult

would it still be abit like a tube amp if you bought a tube amp modeller? or does that have to be for an actual tube amp?

no. tube amp modellers are not ok (unless its vetta or flextone, of which ur budget will not suffice). get a real (the ones with glowy glass bottles in them) tube amp. im sorry for the sarcasm. i am sleepy and first day of year 12 is tmrw... why am i still awake damn it!?!?!?!. anyways, night all.

and u TS. . . get a new hairdo and try to listen to other things other than A7X (is that how u kids say it?) and BFMV. get into some other stuff. dont get caught up in the craze of ' OMG! A7X / BFMV are the 'best metal band(s) in teh world!!'

pls. do it for me. its my birthday.. no seriously it is. im 17 today. i expect presents and ur dissociation with said bands is an awesome present
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by kai2demax
no. tube amp modellers are not ok (unless its vetta or flextone, of which ur budget will not suffice). get a real (the ones with glowy glass bottles in them) tube amp. im sorry for the sarcasm. i am sleepy and first day of year 12 is tmrw... why am i still awake damn it!?!?!?!. anyways, night all.

and u TS. . . get a new hairdo and try to listen to other things other than A7X (is that how u kids say it?) and BFMV. get into some other stuff. dont get caught up in the craze of ' OMG! A7X / BFMV are the 'best metal band(s) in teh world!!'

pls. do it for me. its my birthday.. no seriously it is. im 17 today. i expect presents and ur dissociation with said bands is an awesome present

wtf! why does everyone think im ultra obsessed with a7x and bfmv?
i like many bands
metallica,arch enemy, escape the fate, devildriver, atreyu, pantera, tenacious d, disturbed, dragonforce, turisas i like many bands and artists
i know i have an a7x avatar i just didnt want to find a really cool one....:S
sorry i have to start saving up for a better amp so no presents..unless you want a mg.....
im still gonna listen to bfmv and a7x cz i like them
and uh happy bday!....!

I would take your time and try a few different guitars out. Think about what is wrong with your existing guitars and try to improve on it. It could be something as simple as they just a good setup in a decent guitar shop.
he put dragonforce in the list of bands he likes. so no more advice. he deserves whatever **** he buys.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Some of those deans look damn decent
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Some of those deans look damn decent

yes there are great non-dime related high quality Dean guitars if you look.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by padgea7x
I forgot to add schecters to the list!
Yeah i've heard they're really good and i've found a few i like aswell

and is rape a good thing for a guitar?

i wouldnt look at schecters if i were you... i was thinking of buying one but i asked a guy who owns some stores and he said he isnt dealing with them as they are close to going into administration. so you could get one but if they do go down (and he said they probably will and have done before) then you are ****ed if there is a prob
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by WARLOCK123
i wouldnt look at schecters if i were you... i was thinking of buying one but i asked a guy who owns some stores and he said he isnt dealing with them as they are close to going into administration. so you could get one but if they do go down (and he said they probably will and have done before) then you are ****ed if there is a prob

The nice thing about going down is that you can come back up! And Schecter makes some really good instruments, even low end ones. But TS buy an amp. Tube amp if possible, but I really would not buy a Modeler. My little bro has a Spider III 75W, yeah I am ashamed, but my Frontman isn't much better, and honest to god it just sucks the tone away. We both play through our friends half stack he left here instead. Ha ha ha.

But what is the conversion rate from GBP to USD? Cause I don't know this so I can't really give you a suggestion.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by JF-SH1
But what is the conversion rate from GBP to USD? Cause I don't know this so I can't really give you a suggestion.
you know i have know clue

and darkhorizon
some problems with my jackson are - everythings falling apart, very very damaged and the tuning pegs are a bit dodgy at times sometimes they nearly fall off.
some problems with my bc rich - the pickups arent all that they are ok but not great, gets easily damaged, goes out of tuning so easy(or it just cant stand standard) and the input part falls off alot(annoying!!)
the problem with my fake strat - damaged alot, tremelo system is just unacceptable, goes out of tune really bad cant stand any tuning, pickups are just pure crap and the wires and all that inside burn up alot
and for my small acoustic - just one thing...too small
the good things about my guitars
jackson - love the neck and the seymour duncan pickup can give out a really awesome sound
bc rich - nice design, the neck is ok, the pickups arent the worst and its ok for fast ish playing but small necks kill this neck!
Fake strat - tremelo system and still its not even good!
acoustic - nothing i can barely play on it

Last edited by padgea7x at Feb 2, 2009,