Page 1 of 3
That he is a crappy guitarist and that he does not deserve a signiture guitar?

I like Blink 182 but I am not a huge fan of Angels and Airways.

I mean if he added shredding solos in his songs it would sound right, there Pop punk it sounds okay without the solos.

+ How do we know that he can't shred/ sweep pick at high speeds?

Anyways I admitt Tom Delonge qiuitting BLink was a mistake man.

But why so much anger on him?
k koo
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Blink 182 were/are hacky whiney 'high school sucks' pussies

WE GET IT...SCHOOL SUCKED

I can't stand that crap
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
What has he done on guitar that makes him deserving of a signature guitar? I'm not saying he's a bad person or guitar player, but just cause you can sweep pick doesn't mean you get your own signature guitar. If that were the case, every metalhead wannabe would have their own line of spikey guitars.

He doesn't deserve it because he hasn't done anything to deserve it.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by Devopast
What has he done on guitar that makes him deserving of a signature guitar? I'm not saying he's a bad person or guitar player, but just cause you can sweep pick doesn't mean you get your own signature guitar. If that were the case, every metalhead wannabe would have their own line of spikey guitars.

He doesn't deserve it because he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

I agree. Hes one of those guitarists like Billie Joe Armstrong. He doesnt do a lot of different things on guitar, but what he does....he does well.
That being said, I think mainly why he has signature guitars is because he had them custom made, and Fender & Gibson realized that since he was selling records, they could most likely sell some guitars with his name on it. Its all about business. Hell, I read on here in an interview months ago that Wes Scantlin (Puddle of Mudd) called Gibson and ASKED for an endorsement and got it. Damn, look at Pete Wentz, he has a signature bass, deserving? I dont think so, but I bet Fender does.
Its all about marketing, bro. Appealing to your demographics.
I dont think these guys should have signature guitars, but then again Im not standing to make any money off it either
he was given a signature guitar due to the influence they had over the genre of pop punk. Whether or not you consider this a positive influence is irrelevant, the truth is they were a popular band, therefore fender supplied them with signature guitars. Think of it as a marketing scheme. The truth is popularity/originality plays a far greater part than technical ability.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
Most signature guitars are a blatant money grab, they have nothing to do with the skill or ability of the player whose signature is on that guitar.

I say "most" because the Eric Johnson Strat is an excellent piece of work.

Quit whining, you dicks.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I guess because he was the frontman of his genre. Noodles should be realized as the best pop punk guitarist though..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Jealousy maybe?

Millions of people can play their instrument more melodically and more technically, so maybe this results in them being annoyed at people making millions and signature guitars from not very demanding music.
I was writing the same riffs he was when i had been playing for like 2 months.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Underjoggle
Most signature guitars are a blatant money grab, they have nothing to do with the skill or ability of the player whose signature is on that guitar.

I say "most" because the Eric Johnson Strat is an excellent piece of work.

Quit whining, you dicks.

Eric Clapton and John Mayer's signature Martin acoustics are also very good.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I don't think it has anything to do with technical ability, nor do I think it ever has done. It's about the name and the face and whether they can shift units. There are thousands of guitarists in bands that no-one knows who might well be the best guitar player the world has ever seen, but are they going to sell guitars? No.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
He shouldn't have a signiture guitar because I'm better than him.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by captivate
Eric Clapton and John Mayer's signature Martin acoustics are also very good.

Eric Clapton's signature acoustic is the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

this thread sucks. you could say the same about so many other guitarists, but just because you like him you think it's an outrage.

there are so many guitarists i like that don't have signature models and i dont go crying about it.

there are so many with signature models that i dont like, but i dont cry about that either.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
and to TS: he cant shred or sweep... come on anyone who has seen a live vid of them on youtube knows he can't even alternate pick! not to mention he doesnt even play his own songs well. not that i dont enjoy blink 182 but you gotta be realistic
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by ibrahimasood

I mean if he added shredding solos in his songs it would sound right, there Pop punk it sounds okay without the solos.

Playing fast or sweep picking does not equal good
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes
Jimi Hendrix

"In paradise there are no walls"
Since when the fuck do people 'deserve' signature guitars? If a company thinks they will get good publicity by endorsing someone then let them do just that instead of moaning on the internet about how jealous you are.
RULE BRITANNIA
Blink>AVA>+44

Cause he had a big influence on people, thats why. More kids know/knew who Tom Delonge is than Jack White or the Allmans. (I know they dont have siggy guits, im just using them as an example)
love is love // return to dust
His signature guitar is funny.

I remember seeing a guy holding up a sign at one of his concerts that said "SHUT THE FUCK UP SHOE BOY"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Delonge makes catchy songs.

Kids like songs.

Kids buy songs.

Kids wanna play like Delonge.

Kids buy signature guitar.

It really is that simple...
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Blink was a really influential band, and despite not doing anything original on guitar im sure he insipired alot of kids to start to learn how to play.

And as for the signature guitar, thats just marketting. He was an extremely popular guitarist who kids idolized, so they made him a signature knowing people will buy it just because its Delonge's.

That being said, I loved blink. . . .
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?

Theres a few.
              El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
              You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
              Quote by eldanny

Theres a few.

He thinks Metallica are a punk band????????

Where did you read that lol?
                          how is this thread still open?
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          O O O O O O O O O O
                          RED MILITIA FACTION
                          Quote by ibrahimasood

i belive its airwaves not airways
                          GEAR
                          94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
                          02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
                          Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
                          Quote by ibrahimasood

Cause everyone hates blink for some reason..probably cause they're douchebags.

Tom Delonge is a really imaginitive and creative guitarist and vocalist. Blink were awesome.

AVA aren't so much, but i agree. Quitting a fun pop punk band and joining a serious band was a big mistake for him.

Roll on reunion!
                          Quote by alaskan_ninja
                          Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
                          signature guitars are produced solely for the money. why do u think theres a pete wentz bass sig!??!!??!!!? so 12 year old girls can be cool too.
                          im not a huge blink fan, but i know that delonge doesnt have a unique tone anyways....i dont see why anyone would want a sig guitar in the first place, both from the standpoint of the consumer, and from the guitarist whos getting the sig guitar.
                          No matter how awful a guitarist you all think he is, he's still more famous than any of you.

Blink > +44 > AvA

...I used to have a blink-182 avatar.
                          RAZZLEFRAZZLE
                          Quote by Holy Katana
                          I went to Gibson's site, and he doesn't even have his custom model anymore.

I think everyone is referring to his Fender Strat.
                          RAZZLEFRAZZLE
                          Page 1 of 3