Hey everyone how are you all.

Anyways to my problem. I bought an Epiphone SG Special about 3 weeks. This morning I was playing it. I believe I went to change the switch from Lead to Normal and went to strum and there was no sound. I get no sound in any of the pick up positions so I don't think its a pick up problem, but then again I don't know much about guitar wiring. I have no idea what the problem could be, a similar thing happened to my Fender Strat a 2 months ago and thats still sitting there broken. I would really like to repair the both of them so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
turn up the volume!!!

probably dead input jacks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Well, it's probably a broken solder joint. just bring it to a music shop (that knows what they're doing, this usually doesn't mean Guitar Center). The guy there can fix it in a couple minutes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
2 really common problems with epis is the output jack having problems and the selector switch having problems.
Step one: Take Epiphone SG Special
Step two: Place in Wood chipper
Step three: Turn Chipper on
Step four: get a better guitar
UG's Prodigal Son
He wants useful advice! If the epi doesnt do anything at all its usually the output jack. If its come loose and you tightened it improperly it tends to pull 1 or both wires off. Open the back and see if any wires are hanging loose or barely holding on. Pull the 2 screws on the strat holding the jack plate on and look at the wires there to.
I opened up the the back and there are not any wires hanging loose. So what possible problems would that lead me with now.
Last edited by lstheproducer at Feb 2, 2009,
Throw it away. I am serious. They're not even shaped like an SG. They sound like crap. The only good thing mine did was cough up $40 for down-payment on my strat.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
^^^Thats ever so helpful. Its 3 weeks old so should be covered under warranty anyways. Spend a couple of bucks and take the strat to a shop. Have you tried a different cable or maybe even a different amp.