so yeah, i was wondering where else people in the UK shop for guitars, so far i've shopped at:

A small local guitar shop called percy priors, which i don't think exists anymore
A "guitar centre" not sure if thats any relation to the american one.
Online on Merchant city music
And on Denmark Street

so what about everyone else? if there are many UK members lol

Gibson LP studio,
Fender 2005 Aerodyne Strat,
Ibanez GAX 70
JVM 410C
erm, GAK #(guitar amp keyboard), fairdealmusic, guitarvillage, dawsons

chandlers guitars (for vintage **** and nice amps)
Sound&Image in England.
When i go to Scotland, The Music Shop.
I used another shop that i cant remember the name of to get my Ibanez.
And i use amazon.co.uk, too sometimes.
There are a few good local shops around here... i usually only go to one though because they tend to give you quite a bit of free stuff if you buy something.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Ebay, DenmarkStreet, and GAK.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I got my guitar/amp from Guitar Village - the people in there are brilliant.

Bits and bobs, surprisingly Amazon is reasonably priced and has most odds and ends (plus it will ship somewhere other than the billing address unlike some online music shops unfortunately).
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
The three stores local to Bath, plus I got my Gibson from Andertons (though I went over to the store itself, I didn't use their website). I will occasionally use Thomann for ordering pedals and other similar things.

I've used GAK a couple of times too in the past but their service has been so bad and they've screwed up so many orders I don't even consider them now. I know a lot of people have had good results with guitarvillage too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I got my guitar from chandlers and my first amp
Got my second amp, pedals and accessories from DolphinMusic and some stuff from ebay
Last edited by Croney at Feb 1, 2009,
Got my fender strat and HRDx from Mansons in Exeter - not the cheapest place but they have a reasonable range of Fender and I think they're the main importer of Bad Cat.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by MrFlibble
The three stores local to Bath, plus I got my Gibson from Andertons (though I went over to the store itself, I didn't use their website). I will occasionally use Thomann for ordering pedals and other similar things.

Duck son +pinker , vintage & rare, whats the third?
GAK, guitar village, dolphin music, merchant city

and probably a few others
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Denmark street and DV247
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I go to PMT as you get a good deal and friendly customer service. Also if you ask them questions the give decent answers and are normally very helpful. This makes a nice change compared to other guitar shops I have been into.

The worst in my experience are Express Music in Solihull who's staff especially the manager who are very arogant, have bad attitudes and very lacking in even the most basic of knowledge in my experience. They only became friendly when they thought I wanted to buy an expensive guitar. Due to this they lost two guitar and additional equipment sales to PMT who I would happily recommend.

Yeah, GAK is decent. Good prices (usually, and they delivered everything of mine on time.
Guitars.co.uk
Thomann
eBay but watch the heavy shipping charges
When I lived in London:
Denmark Street (not the online site) and TCR, of course.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Guys know any place in UK where i can get a behringer vamp-2 delivered or bought from?
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
Quote by London_guitaris
so yeah, i was wondering where else people in the UK shop for guitars, so far i've shopped at:

A small local guitar shop called percy priors, which i don't think exists anymore
A "guitar centre" not sure if thats any relation to the american one.
Online on Merchant city music
And on Denmark Street

so what about everyone else? if there are many UK members lol

Go to Denmark street best place ever or Dolphinmusic or GAK or DV247.com
Pmt!!!!!!!!!!!!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by b2spirita

Duck Son & Pinker, Vintage & Rare and Sounds International are the three in Bath. There was also the Bath Music Centre but that has closed down. These are my local shops

For online stuff I use stringsdirect, iMuso and a few others which I can remember off the top of my head.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by b2spirita
Quote by sgboy666
Duck Son & Pinker, Vintage & Rare and Sounds International are the three in Bath. There was also the Bath Music Centre but that has closed down. These are my local shops

For online stuff I use stringsdirect, iMuso and a few others which I can remember off the top of my head.
Whoa. Bath people.

We really need to get another store. DSP & SI are full of beginner gear and most of the staff in DSP can't work their own till half the time. V&R has nothing if you're not a collector and their staff are too up their arses. We really need something like an Andertons, mid-range/high-end gear and staff that can run the store like they're supposed to and not insult customers. I'm tired of having to travel 4-ish hours to Guildford and 4-ish hours back just to try a few things or speak to someone who has a clue.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Machinehead
Coda Music
Bass Centre (Now only in warehouse type deal)
Denmark Street
GAK

I have been to GAK once, but the trip from St.Albans to Brighton is quite a slog, so I tend just to use the site.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Feb 1, 2009,
Strings Direct
Digital village (they're awesome and will beat any price)
Lick music
Also Gak if I need to try something out
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
Simply Music in cambridgshire

Machinehead in Hitchin

Coda in Luton/Stevenage (dont use luton anymore as they are sh*t)

Denmark Street
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by MrFlibble
Whoa. Bath people.

We really need to get another store. DSP & SI are full of beginner gear and most of the staff in DSP can't work their own till half the time. V&R has nothing if you're not a collector and their staff are too up their arses. We really need something like an Andertons, mid-range/high-end gear and staff that can run the store like they're supposed to and not insult customers. I'm tired of having to travel 4-ish hours to Guildford and 4-ish hours back just to try a few things or speak to someone who has a clue.

isn't jam guitars near bath? it's in the outskirts of bristol, i think, and if memory serves, it's only about a 10 minute train journey between bath and bristol. judging by their ads in guitar magazines and their website, they have a ton of really nice stuff. if i lived in bath i'd be hitting it up...

www.jamguitars.co.uk

regarding where i buy stuff, it really depends on who has what i want at a price i want to pay. normally that means i just don't buy anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GuitarGuitar
Merchant City Music
Red Dog Music in Edinburgh
Whatever that place at the top of South Bridge in Edinburgh is called.

I've never bothered buying anything online.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.