Inwhich you are given a blank tab template,and are able to input the notes,and then hear them played back to you.

(Is this the proper forum?)
Quote by sglover34479
GP is best but its not free

*ahem*
>.>

<.<

torrents

Edit:

Quote by Sami Philadelph
Thank thee.

It's thank 'ee (sometimes thank'ee) as Thee following thank is uncomfortable to say
Last edited by linnux at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by coffeeguy9
Guitar Pro rox your face. It's not free though.

No, it does not 'rox your face'.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Sibelius is superior to all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you want something for guitar notation, like the people above me have said, Guitar Pro is you're best option.

If you want to do more than guitar though it's probably better to use Sibelius or Finale. (But they have pretty steep learning curves and ridiculous prices). But on the plus side it's based more on note input than tab (although you can use tab), they're more powerful (in terms of details) and everything but the guitars sound better.
This is my sig
Quote by georgakis187
1 thepiratebay
2 torrentz
3 install gp
4 ????
5 profit

fixed
Quote by Xiaoxi

Agreed. I'm doing a Trane transcription for school and if I had to use something like GP I would probably kill myself.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
Agreed. I'm doing a Trane transcription for school and if I had to use something like GP I would probably kill myself.

If I have to use GP at all now I'd kill myself. I don't even have GP on my computers anymore.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

I prefer protege, but yes, sibelius is excellent.

Most things are better than guitar pro though. Including dying in a fire.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
GUITAR PRO > all of us
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by rabidguitarist

Dying in a fire is an excellent program compared to GP.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Finale > Sibelius, actually Sibelius kind of sucks.

Helllll to the no. Finale is a inflexible, tedious piece of crap.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rabidguitarist

it's because you haven't learned it yet
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by billybusa
it's because you haven't learned it yet

There's nothing to learn about Guitar Pro. It's a watered down program that can only cater to limited needs.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by thedefrockednun
GP is good but there must be oters out there!

I love otters

But yes, Guitar Pro is the best.
Send me a PM.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Helllll to the no. Finale is a inflexible, tedious piece of crap.

That's what I would say about Sibelius, the trick with Finale is being smart enough to know how to use it properly

Finale is waaaay more flexible than Sibelius, even all of the hardcore Sibelius users I know admit that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 1, 2009,
pffftt. ew finale ew

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
pffftt. ew finale ew

yeah I know, not being patient enough to figure out industry standard software sucks doesn't it.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah I know, not being patient enough to figure out industry standard software sucks doesn't it.

Sibelius is industry standard as well...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Sibelius is industry standard as well...

I suppose it is, but I don't know many people that use it since it can't do near as much as Finale can.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I suppose it is, but I don't know many people that use it since it can't do near as much as Finale can.

Duuuude that is a lie. It can do everything Finale can and is better at it. I've had skeptics tell me they can't do this and that and then I just pwn them right then and there by doing it on my laptop.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Duuuude that is a lie. It can do everything Finale can and is better at it.

Last I checked it couldn't use VSTis, incorporate user made symbols, or allow scripting. not to mention it has better workflow.

ETA: ok apparently it can now use VSTis, but it still isn't as Flexible.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Last I checked it couldn't use VSTis, incorporate user made symbols, or allow scripting. not to mention it has better workflow.

ETA: ok apparently it can now use VSTis, but it still isn't as Flexible.

It can do all of that. Are you up to date? Because Sibelius has been able to do all that aside from VSTi's since version 4.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It can do all of that. Are you up to date? Because Sibelius has been able to do all that aside from VSTi's since version 4.

Version 4 was the last one I used, i remember it did have some primitive scripting, but it wasn't nearly as functional as Finales. Never tried the Symbol thing since I got tired of screwing with Sibelius and went back to using Finale, since as I said, better workflow and all that.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Version 4 was the last one I used, i remember it did have some primitive scripting, but it wasn't nearly as functional as Finales. Never tried the Symbol thing since I got tired of screwing with Sibelius and went back to using Finale, since as I said, better workflow and all that.

Let's agree to disagree.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've used Finale and Sibelius, and I've found Finale is much more powerful, and you can do pretty much everything you want on it. But Sibelius is much easier to deal with and I like the note input system better (even though they are fairly similar). What's a pain though is that Sibelius can't export files in MusicXML format without a $200 plug-in (even though it can open them), so getting Sibelius files into Finale accurately is almost impossible but quite easy the other way around. Which is why I use Finale more.
This is my sig