So I have a Jackson RR3 with the stock Duncan Designed Detonators in Bridge and Neck positions, they're based on the Seymour Duncan Invaders, but were made in Korea, anyway, I'm looking for a good clean tone in the neck(One- Metallica) and some Metal distortion in the bridge(Chorus of Mann Gegen Mann- Rammstein) Suggestions?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I hate to be the one to say this but..

New amp first.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I know the current RR3s come with a Seymour Duncan JB in the neck and a '59 in the neck. Tried out the amp through a Cube a while ago at a music store, it sounded awesome; they were both excellent pickups.

-e- As the guy above said, you may need a new amp first. What's ur current one?
active or passive?

from what ive heard the EMG 60's have a chorus-y sound to them which is the effect metallica use in their clean parts like One
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by tigerking615
I know the current RR3s come with a Seymour Duncan JB in the neck and a '59 in the neck. Tried out the amp through a Cube a while ago at a music store, it sounded awesome; they were both excellent pickups.

-e- As the guy above said, you may need a new amp first. What's ur current one?

... you told me I need a new amp before even knowing what it was... I could have a dual recto for all you know... check my sig

I don't care if they're active or passive, I'm used to passives tho
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
... you told me I need a new amp before even knowing what it was... I could have a dual recto for all you know... check my sig

I don't care if they're active or passive, I'm used to passives tho

I said you might need a new amp. But regardless, it's my fault. My board settings don't show sigs, because most people post a lot of useless info there that I don't need to read (so many lines ffs).

So you have a Cube 30X, eh? It's an awesome amp, I don't think you need to upgrade that. I'd go for the JB/'59 combo, the stock RR3s come with JB/SH2N (I know I said JB/'59 in the first post). Like I said, I tried out an RR3 (with its JB) with a Cube 30X for about an hour in the store...coincidentally same gear as you, and it sounded pretty damn good. I didn't try the neck pickup...but the '59 is the one most people use with the JB. And for cleans, it should suit you fine.
It looks like your sig says that you have a roland cube...****ty! So yea him saying for you to get a new amp is totally justified. Ive got the JB 59 set in mah blackjack, and that set is good to go for about anything you wanna do. Im getting a tube amp now, and those pups sound great for anything from blues and a warm clean in the bridge, to wailing distortion for anything from classic rock to metal. I love em. Way better than active EMGs in my opinion.
Quote by tigerking615
Did you just say a cube is sh!tty?

Well it's not the best amp in the world is it?

Its a good practice amp, thats about it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Devdude25
It looks like your sig says that you have a roland cube...****ty! So yea him saying for you to get a new amp is totally justified. Ive got the JB 59 set in mah blackjack, and that set is good to go for about anything you wanna do. Im getting a tube amp now, and those pups sound great for anything from blues and a warm clean in the bridge, to wailing distortion for anything from classic rock to metal. I love em. Way better than active EMGs in my opinion.

... lol wut... IMO the Cube and Vypyr are 2 of the best practice amps you can get, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has that opinion because I've seen it all over these forums.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

excuse the ignorance but what are 59's and JB's?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie