I sent a message to the owner of MoreMe studio Headphones and he said his headphones were good on tracking instead of mixing?

and..

He gave me a link to some Senheiser headphones (Hd-202). Which were good on Mixing?

So what is Mixing and Tracking?
Tracking is when you lay down your parts
Mixing is when you actually mix the parts to form a cohesive song.

For mixing you want a good pair of balanced headphones. Ones that don't color the tone too much. But really you shouldn't use headphones to mix becuase it causes high amounts of ear fatigue.

I don't think there is any reall prefernece for tracking all though i may be wrong. I guess i would prefer a sturdy and loud pair. Ones that won't break eaily and stay planted on your head. Also a long cord is helpful
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Ok thank you for the explanaton. I Was confused...

I was looking into to these headphones for tracking:
http://www.itrstudio.com/moreme.html

Will it matter if I use good headphones on bad computer speakers? Because all I do is play on my headphones on my Pc?
Ideally you want good monitors (speakers) for mixing and good closed end (no bleed through) headphones while you are recording (tracking). But most closed end headphones don't sound that good for mixing, because they can't breathe. They are mostly for sound isolation. PC speakers are useless for either.

I found the HD465s a good compromise-reference monitor like sound for mixing, but low bleed through for recording. They are not ideal for either, but if you are on a budget, they can do both jobs.
Quote by ozarkracer
Ideally you want good monitors (speakers) for mixing and good closed end (no bleed through) headphones while you are recording (tracking). But most closed end headphones don't sound that good for mixing, because they can't breathe. They are mostly for sound isolation. PC speakers are useless for either.

I found the HD465s a good compromise-reference monitor like sound for mixing, but low bleed through for recording. They are not ideal for either, but if you are on a budget, they can do both jobs.

So your saying I should get both monitors and headphones?

A pair of active speakers and airy headphones? So getting Isolated Headphones is bad?

This guy uses some good monitors and speakers. So would the end product be like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c2R0f9UIIw
Last edited by life_777 at Feb 1, 2009,