Hey I'm wondering why it is you can't have a sustainer in the bridge position. I can see that there's more tension there and so the field wouldn't be able to make the strings "wobble" as much, but is it impossible?

What about a compromise? Say I've got an H-S-H setup, could I stick a sustainer in that middle pickup?
Last edited by Kapalen at Feb 1, 2009,
try strumming above above the bridgepickup strings are too taught there it has to be neck for that reason
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
try strumming above above the bridgepickup strings are too taught there it has to be neck for that reason

...I said that
well i said HAS to be neck so it cleard up you question
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
well i said HAS to be neck so it cleard up you question

How abouts sticking it in the middle?
i dont think it would work as well, if the company say it goes in the neck its generally for a reason, with the fernandes humbucker driver you can use it as a normal pickup too i beilive?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Man I'd like a sustainer but I really don't wanna waste the neck pickup on it. That's like, the best one.
Quote by Kapalen
Hey I'm wondering why it is you can't have a sustainer in the bridge position. I can see that there's more tension there and so the field wouldn't be able to make the strings "wobble" as much

you asked and then answered your own question.

you can put the sustainer in the bridge position but i wouldn't expect it's performance to be especially useful and it's effectiveness would be equally lackluster.
Quote by noisefarmer
you asked and then answered your own question.

you can put the sustainer in the bridge position but i wouldn't expect it's performance to be especially useful and it's effectiveness would be equally lackluster.

Well i was really more interested in putting it into the middle so I wouldn't have to sacrifice a pickup.

Now I'm looking towards pairing it with a single coil air norton in the neck position which hopefully would just be wired like an S-S-H setup. It seems steve vai uses a fake coil to make his sustainer appear to be a humbucker. so that's of no help.