I live in an apartment so cant get a 15 watt blues junior or something of that nature as theres no headphone jack or attenuator.

I heard a few line 6 pods and they have not a bad blues tone if you use them corretly.

im looking currently at the POD XT. Im wondering though, what kind of speaker would this thing be able to drive, or what would the best speaker be for one of those? I know it will work through even pc speakers, but i want to get something decent.

any ideas?
I don't think a POD would be able to power a speaker, you'd need an amp due to the multieffects not having a preamp or a power amp.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
they make cabs specifically for it. i don't remember the name off the top of my head but i wanna say it's something like atomic amps or something of that nature.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I plug my multi fx to CD input on my amp to completely skip amp's preamp section. Luckily my Digitech RP2000 has enough juice to power the speaker on my small Ibanez practice amp. Some CD inputs on other amps are useless as they color the sound so it's the same like you're running the multy fx into clean ch.
Quote by mikeyElite
they make cabs specifically for it. i don't remember the name off the top of my head but i wanna say it's something like atomic amps or something of that nature.

Tech 21 Power Engine?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Since you only need low volume, get a pair of active monitors like the Fostex PM.04
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis