Because it takes ten separate guitar tracks to make one of their songs, the guitarists are IMMENSELY overrated, their songs are generally stupid, their live performance is terrible, and they are at best a very mediocre band.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Because it takes ten separate guitar tracks to make one of their songs, the guitarists are IMMENSELY overrated, their songs are generally stupid, their live performance is terrible, and they are at best a very mediocre band.

Surprisingly concise.

In all honesty, I don't actually dislike them that much, but christ, their fans are annoying.
Last edited by webbtje at Feb 1, 2009,
Idk cause people have to find someone to hate thats popular...those same people will like some underground death metal band and say their incredible just to sound cool...then u listen to the band and they blow.... A7x, although their songs arent the most mature, theyre good musicians and theyre guitar players are damn good
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by deaththrashcore

The only thing accurate about this is Synester Gates being overrated. They do play good live, and it does not take 10 seperate tracks. If you have ever listened to them even once you would know this. IMO they are a talented band, but people hate on them because of the annoying vocals, their image, their lame fans, and because they are more mainstream.
Quote by deaththrashcore

what band dont you consider mediocre and overrated?
Quote by nemjeff13
Idk cause people have to find someone to hate thats popular...those same people will like some underground death metal band and say their incredible just to sound cool...then u listen to the band and they blow.... A7x, although their songs arent the most mature, theyre good musicians and theyre guitar players are damn good

Yeah, I like that video of Gates trying to sweep. My favourite part is when you find out he can only play arpeggios in one direction.
Quote by nemjeff13

Lol, sorry, some of us like stuff that's heavy instead of just proclaiming itself to be heavy but actually playing radio rock.
because they're a mediocre band with pretty crap guitarists that somehow have become immensely popular. personally i don't really care, but i don't enjoy listening to them anyways

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Mostly because of the way the dress and the fact that the majority of their fans are annoying. I like the music, although Waking the Fallen is way better than their new selftitled album.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I think they sold out personally. I liked their first two albums, but the City of Evil and Avenged Sevenfold albums both sucked tremendously.

I think the solos are god aweful. I don't really see what the whole "Synyster is the best guitarist ever" thing is all about. His solo's remind me of Slayer's, which is not a complement.

Plus the fans are SOOO annoying
All that needs to be said has been said.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)