Hey gang,

I've been playing bass for just over 2 years now. I got my first bass for my 14th birthday in a starter kit and I want to buy a new one. I was thinking of maybe getting the Hofner Violin bass, but apparantly it sounds a lot like an electro acoustic bass, which might not sound right for certain songs. Anybody else have this bass who can tell me how good it is/isn't?
Well, you can never go really wrong with a jazz bass. But go and try evreything out and then decide what you want to play.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
ESP LTD D-4. awsome bass. got it a few months ago. can go from a slap bass sound to a deep growl in seconds. though its a bit pricey.. its worth it.
Quote by sweet<>dreams
ESP LTD D-4. awsome bass. got it a few months ago. can go from a slap bass sound to a deep growl in seconds. though its a bit pricey.. its worth it.

Interesting. I've always found slap bass too hard and unsatisfying on my current Ibanez. I could consider it, but I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be any local shops that have them in.

Edit: Just watched a guy on youtube with his Hofner. The slap bass sound is amazing, so that wont actually be a problem. It sounds like a really great guitar so I'm leaning towards that direction at the moment.
Last edited by Led Pepplin at Feb 1, 2009,
Its generally a crap bass, very light. you could do alot better. But yet its your choice.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
They literally sound like a cardboard box with metal strings attached, from my experience. Too "woofy" with no definition.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.