Ok i'm using my digitech rp150 pedal to record to ACID and it sounds great but as soon as i render it so it comes out my pc speakers there is so much quality loss..so i'm wondering do i need a new soundcard because the one i'm using atm is just an onboard one..thanks
to be short..yes.
to be more detailed, you need a new driver, my suggestion would be an mbox just becuase they are cheap. however, you should invest in some nice studio monitors becuase they will give you the best idea of how your music ACTUALLY sounds. and yes..I made the same mistake on because twice...
Which input are you using on your soundcard? Line input or Mic? I suspect this is an impedance mismatch problem. Your guitar is high impedance and if you're using the mic input on your soundcard, it's probably a low impedance input, which means you're going to have loss of quality. if your line input is high impedance, try that one and see what happens. If neither produces good results, you may want to replace the soundcard with a good quality card designed for recording instruments.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Which input are you using on your soundcard? Line input or Mic? I suspect this is an impedance mismatch problem. Your guitar is high impedance and if you're using the mic input on your soundcard, it's probably a low impedance input, which means you're going to have loss of quality. if your line input is high impedance, try that one and see what happens. If neither produces good results, you may want to replace the soundcard with a good quality card designed for recording instruments.

I'm using USB through my digitech rp150 pedal
Since USB is all digital, I'd try the earlier suggestion to install an updated driver. I figured you were running analog into the soundcard.
Quote by HIM%(^
to be short..yes.
to be more detailed, you need a new driver, my suggestion would be an mbox just becuase they are cheap. however, you should invest in some nice studio monitors becuase they will give you the best idea of how your music ACTUALLY sounds. and yes..I made the same mistake on because twice...

you can do much better for the price than an M-Box...

check your recording and rendering settings in ACID make sure the sample rate is set to 44.1 and the bit depth to 16 bits (both of these are minimum acceptable values, but I'm betting that's all the Digitech can handle)

if you are rendering to mp3 make sure you set it to at least 196kb/s
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Do you have any kind of budget? I would suggest an interface but there are cheaper and better solutions than an m-box. You may want to look into monitors but they are not completely necessary. A good pair of headphones would do for now.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by KG6_Steven
Since USB is all digital, I'd try the earlier suggestion to install an updated driver. I figured you were running analog into the soundcard.

Yea it sounds fine when playing my recording back using the rp150..but when i render it to wav (perfect quality) it sounds terrible playing back on my PC