I posted this on HC and thought I would see what I get from you all too.

I am new to the whole pickup thing so, I have a question to you all with more expertise in this area than I...

I want to get a bit more out of my Ibanez ART300. It comes stock with Ibanez LoZ-N (neck) and LoZ-B (bridge). These are active pickups, by the way.

What can I do with this whole pickup configuration to give me a bit more sustain, and a little less "bassy" tone. (The low E string is "extremely low" IMO)

I play classic rock, to metal, based music, and this guitar sounds good through my Peavey! But, I am possibly thinking of at least replacing my bridge pickup with a Dimarzio Tone Zone, or an EMG 81. Or am I totally off in thinking this would upgrade my current configuration?

With that said, what are you all's thoughts on that?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Hard to believe that not one person had an opinion on this...
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
you are not going to get good classic rock tone from active pickups so if that is important to you then at least you know that much.

If you want anything more specific than what I just tone you then we need to know a bit more about what sound you are looking for. There are a lot of "metal" tones and the required pickups could range from PAF's to X2N's. So we need more info. What types of metal do you play? What are some classic rock groups you like? What amp are you using?
Not taking any online orders.
Maybe that's because your question is back to front? Those stock pups are not bad. But your problems are bass and sustain. So get a decent 7 band EQ in there and check the guitar setup. That's more likely where the problems lie, to my mind.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x